The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Fuel Rail

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjai_ruken

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok I'm using my brothers account so I am not ninjai_ruken, I am his lil bro.

So now that we have the cleared up my bro thinks I should get a Hi-Flow cat and a Cat-Back Exhaust for my 1st mods. I already have Greddy Header my brother gave to me. My dad says the same thing. I was wondering for a non-turbo (I already have a CAI my bros old one), would a Fuel Rail and Fuel Pressure Regulator be a bad Idea? I have tried asking my dad and my bro but they just tell me to shut up and listen to them :confused:

Their family but someone else told me I could do the whole fuel mod before I did the Exhaust and other stuff. I was not as into cars as my dad and bro were when I was younger and now that I'm 17 and got my first DSM I am wanting to learn. I own a 2nd Gen Eclipse NT

Kyle, I said what I said, get a Hi-flow cat, and a Cat-Back. And if you ever use my account again I'll kick your ass and take my header back. Get you own damn account :mad:

if I'm wrong about this let me know

I don't think you need one. I know my stock rail has no return line. I have a 97. I know the 95's fuel system is differant. The 95 has the fuel pressure regulator on the rail, where the FPR on the 96-99 is by the tank. Our fuel return lines come off the FPR, so the rail won't need one.

The 95's had the return line on the rail because that's where the fuel pressure regulator is at. On the 96 and newer 2gnt's, the regulator is back at the fuel filter and thus the return line only runs back there.

On 2gnt's with a turbo kit the reason why there's a return line at the rail is because you've added another fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump in order to feed that fuel that you need for the turbo. Adding an aftermarket fuel rail will NOT require the need for an additional return line. It's simply not needed because there's nothing in the rail that has increase the pressure like the fuel pump and FMU or equivalent.
Doug

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back