The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel Pump and injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRET97GSX

Probationary Member
Nov 25, 2004
greensboro, North_Carolina
im 17 years old and go full time to high school and go full time to work right after school just so i can pour some money in to these unbeatable dsms. I obvisously need a bigger turbo, but from the fourms ive read i need to make some fuel adjustments first. If my future plans were to get a big 16g ported with the 34mm flapper should i upgrade to a walboro 190 or 255 and what size injectors? 550, 650?

190 fuel pump and 550's if you have a good tune and no more than20-21 psi but if you want more boost or plan on a larger turbo later, 650's would be the way to go. I saw 90+ idc with my 550's and b16g at 21 psi.

i say go with at least 650 injectors (at the smallest).last time i checked, fuel injector clinic had them for not much more than 550. leave yourself room to grow, trust me. i was told that 650 would be good with my 50 trim but i knew that the turbo could push those things to their max , so i went with 750. just to be safe, and for a little more room.. ;)

What ever you do make sure you either get a chip or an afpr as well. I dont know how it is with 550's but my 650s being compensated with my gm-maft and tuned with my afc i see upwards of 29deg timing advance. To make a long story short, its hell to tune with that high of timing so make sure you know what your gettin into before you do it...unlike i did :-/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back