The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fuel Cut: What is it? How do I fix it? [merged]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slanted J

Supporting VIP
Feb 19, 2002
Janesville, Wisconsin
All fuel cut threads are combined here.

I've tried doing a search but to no avail.

I was just wondering what Fuel Cut is. I've heard it tossed around alot, but do not actually know the details behind it. And, naturally, I can gather that its when the fuel is cut off, but when and why.

Thanx,
Jon

In order to use a GM MAF you would need to get a MAFT or DSMLink with the GM cable to run it!!
If the MAF is bad then a good GM MAF will work but like stated, you cant just slap it on by itself!!
Plus.. if you not pushing enough air to max out the stock 1g you have no real business needing the GM MAF!

MAFT= $200 New on ebay or im sure you can find people on here selling them for less!

DSMLink V3= $495 + $30 Socket job(IF you have a Eprom ECU) + $75 for the GM MAF cable!!

Over all link is the way to go if you have plans for you car, but i think in your case i would search for a stock MAF to be replaced (IF THAT Is you problem)

Ever since i got my wideband to send a narrowband signal to my ECU i can only boost 10psi without hitting fuel cut, used to be able to run 19-20psi. Also when i pulled the factory O2 the wires were all twisted and frayed and there is no way it was working, But was still able to run 20psi. The only thing that changed was the wideband is sending the ecu a narrowband signal. Anyone got any ideas?

I just bought my first dsm its got a basic mods but when im getting to around 6k i hit like what i beileve is a fuel cut, i also have a hard time starting it in the cold weather, please help??!?!

I had fuel cut before and one of the DSM wise man told me to increase fuel regulator from 42psi (stock) to 46-48psi. At that time, I was running a 255l walbro pump with 450cc injectors and it helped.

With the starting problems try checking the simplest stuffs first like boost leak check. I had a problem with it before and troubleshot from electrical to mechanical and was about to give up on my DSM, then found out later I had a puncture on one of my lower intercooler piping's coupler. LOL

I had fuel cut before and one of the DSM wise man told me to increase fuel regulator from 42psi (stock) to 46-48psi. At that time, I was running a 255l walbro pump with 450cc injectors and it helped.

With the starting problems try checking the simplest stuffs first like boost leak check. I had a problem with it before and troubleshot from electrical to mechanical and was about to give up on my DSM, then found out later I had a puncture on one of my lower intercooler piping's coupler. LOL

Fuel pressure has nothing to do with fuel cut. :banghead:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back