The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved Front case gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
Couldn't find an answer so I thought I'd finally ask. If I'm replacing the oil pump gasket and rear main seals for the front case, does it have to be oem or will a felpro one from AutoZone be fine? I paid too much for these gaskets at the dealer and the ones from AutoZone are half cheaper.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-06-13-41-46.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-06-13-41-46.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 88
My felpro seals had oem part numbers on them except for the cam seals. To be honest the felpro cam seals are a much better design and made out of a better material.

No regrets, did all of my seals with autozone felpro. I would not change the front case gasket unless you are replacing the oil pump.

Most seals/gaskets from a reputable manufacturer (known name brand) should be fine. Federal mogul- felpro is a major supplier and it would't surprise me if 75% of all brands of gaskets and seals comes from them.

If your going through the trouble of replacing the oil pump gasket then I would say your list should be alot longer on what needs replaced.
If it was me I would also do
New Oil pump, water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, timing belt idler, probably replace cam seals, Your car looks like a 95? if 95 I would replace the cam and crank position sensors as well or swap it to the 96-99 configuration.

I might trust a used OEM oil pump if it was putting out great pressure before. the other stuff I would likely pick Gates for water pump & timing belt. Tensioner would be OEM. Fel pro for cam seals. Maybe look over what rock auto has for idler and sensors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back