The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Front and rear main seal. need help asap...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packinkimber45

15+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2006
Boise, Idaho
Hello guys, I wanted to know what everyone thinks about replacing the front and rear main seals. Are they parts that I should go with oem, as far as buying from the dealership? If I order through let say schucks (felpro) would I be good to go? Just got my motor out and decided to do the main seal also. Thanks.

If I order through let say schucks (felpro) would I be good to go
Shucks... *cough* - don't get anything at Shucks when it comes to DSM's.

Fully agree: Head to LHM Mitsu on Fairview and get you some OEM seals (Original Equipment Manufacturer), or if you want, NAPA is a good 2nd choice..even BowWow Auto on Orchard isn't bad either .....but never Shucks!

good luck-DSM

Decided to go oem, might as well since I have gone with lots of oem parts that will be going in soon in the talon. Should I replace the rear main seal ring also? Thanks for all the responses.

Dunno about the rest of you guys but I always put a thin coat of black rtv on the outter edge when I put mine in....cause I've had leakage issues otherwise. Just a word of advice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back