The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Flexalite molded rear glass

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabytech

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2007
Daytona, Florida
I contacted Flex-a-Lite last year about the molded curved polymer windows and they told me that they needed 2 OEM glass to make the mold and a order of 10+. Im really interested in these since they can be installed just like original glass and don't require drilling and fastening and feature 2" black borders just like the OEM glass. Im willing to donate 2 OEM glass and make the 10+ order myself if other people from the group buy of the Carbonetics CSL carbon fiber hatch and those who already have carbon fiber hatch are interested in buying the Flex-a-lite molded rear glass.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Id be up for the group buy on these. How much will they cost if we can get 10+ buyers in on the group buy?

I ordered 1 of these for my 1g straight from summit a year ago, which is now on Fernando, (Ostar's) car, and also ordered another 6 months ago for my 2g. I ALSO have the rear 1/4 windows for my 2g. Am I missing something? Are you trying to get better pricing with a group buy or something because they've been stocking these for a LOOOOOONG time man. It's nothing new or custom......

The one they offer for the 2G is flat (race only) glass that are cut from flat stock, and require drilling and fastening. The ones Im mentioning are the molded version glass. I personally talked with them over the phone last year. Go to their website and see for yourself. They are 2 different style glass, one is molded glass and the other is flat glass. The one you bought at Summit is the flat version...

Id be up for the group buy on these. How much will they cost if we can get 10+ buyers in on the group buy?

When I talked with them last year they sent me a quote by email, but I'm going to call them Monday to talk to them again about the custom 10+ order..

Did they mention a price?

Unfortunately, we won't be able to organize a group buy for them here. But you could buy all 10 and then sell the others here in the classifieds.

I aint trying to do a group buy here at tuners, Im just checking if people are interested in them. Im paypal verified and I would do the order myself for all 10 FAL glasses and sell them at ebay, just announce it here and in other forums.

Yea, I'm a retard. I forgot we had to mold it ourselves with speedglass on the 2g. Sorry bout that. Proceed....... Lol!

I aint trying to do a group buy here at tuners, Im just checking if people are interested in them. Im paypal verified and I would do the order myself for all 10 FAL glasses and sell them at ebay, just announce it here and in other forums.

I would still be up for the glass. If you were gonna buy ten of them. I'd be willing to buy one off you. If it is the molded glass. It would be nice to get rid of that heavy a** factory rear glass.

Yea, I'm a retard. I forgot we had to mold it ourselves with speedglass on the 2g. Sorry bout that. Proceed....... Lol!

Percy's lexan windows offer the 2G rear glass, but is an oversize glass that needs to be trimmed to the exact size of the glass and doesn't come with the 2" black borders. Ive done a few of this type of glass installation and they take a few hours to prep and install. The FAL molded glass doesn't require any modification whatsoever and is a drop-in fittment.

I'm definitely interested as I'm going in on the hatch group buy...just depends on how much this will be. Do happen to know if this would be similar to the more scratch resistant speedglass Percy's used to sell, or normal lexan? What's the time frame for them producing these as of now?

Percy's lexan windows offer the 2G rear glass, but is an oversize glass that needs to be trimmed to the exact size of the glass and doesn't come with the 2" black borders. Ive done a few of this type of glass installation and they take a few hours to prep and install. The FAL molded glass doesn't require any modification whatsoever and is a drop-in fittment.

Ahh-I didn't know they still sold it. I've searched for a while on their site and it seemed like they discontinued it.

What Im probably going to do if I can get a few people interested is send them 2 OEM glass and make the custom (10) FAL molded glass order myself. Sent all 10 to my uncles fiberglass boat repair shop at Florida. Send mine to Puerto Rico and sell the other 9s at ebay.

Cool, just making sure before 48 people start reporting this thread. :)

I might be interested depending on price.

Cool, just making sure before 48 people start reporting this thread. :)

I might be interested depending on price.

No problem... I'm going to call Flex-a-lite Monday, so as soon as I talk with them will let everyone know the price for each glass and check how many people are interested..

Gaby, just so you know I've already shipped them a few pieces. Gotta ship a couple more and they are gonna start the mold.

Gaby, just so you know I've already shipped them a few pieces. Gotta ship a couple more and they are gonna start the mold.

Did you already made a custom order to Flex-a-lite for 10+ molded rear hatch glass for the 2G ?????

I haven't given them money. They said they could only give me a tentative quote until they had received 2 of each windows (rear side quarters and hatch glass). I'll give them a deposit after they receive all 6 pieces of glass.

I haven't given them money. They said they could only give me a tentative quote until they had received 2 of each windows (rear side quarters and hatch glass). I'll give them a deposit after they receive all 6 pieces of glass.

2 thumbs up !!!! If I dont have to do the order myself the better... If you make the 10+ custom order, Im definetly interested in the rear side quarters and hatch glass. Let me know ASAP when they quote you what would the price be.

Me also please keep me in the loop,

Gabytech i also pm'd you on FB so if you find any info out then pm me please as i might miss the update on these

Me also please keep me in the loop,

Gabytech i also pm'd you on FB so if you find any info out then pm me please as i might miss the update on these

I just received and replied your FB pm... Lets wait and see what vr4scott does..

I emailed there rep and should be closing on this deal within the next month. Everything will be packed professionally and drop shipped directly from them. I know about the whole group buy problems on forums, so I'll probably just list them exclusively on eBay or 1 at a time on a few forums. I've already got in trouble on this forum for that so probably won't be here. You can add me on Facebook if you want more frequent updates, Scotty Yohman.

I emailed there rep and should be closing on this deal within the next month. Everything will be packed professionally and drop shipped directly from them. I know about the whole group buy problems on forums, so I'll probably just list them exclusively on eBay or 1 at a time on a few forums. I've already got in trouble on this forum for that so probably won't be here. You can add me on Facebook if you want more frequent updates, Scotty Yohman.

No problem. I can have it picked directly from you at Orlando. I used to live in WPB and my uncle live at Palm City and a few of my best friends from Puerto Rico live at Orlando. Im real interested, so please let me know what would be the price for the rear side quarters and rear hatch glass when available. Thanks. I guess I won't have to do the order myslef, GOOD !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back