The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink first time with link & wideband-scared

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saechao04

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2006
portland, Oregon
First time using dsmlink and wideband, kinda scared, at idle my wideband is anywhere from 15 to 17. I didn't let it warm up all the way because I was scared. Please help!

Mods:
fp t28
fp2 cams
intake with stock maf
stock 450's
stock pump

I zeroed out timing and fuel. Maf comp. at first I zeroed it out but my gauge would be at 17 afr, then I tried the hacked maf values on the right and went rich, so then i kinda just cut it in half and used the middle values and my afr went to 15

50 27.3 47.7
150 14.8 29.7
250 11.7 25.0
400 10.2 21.9
800 7.8 17.2
1200 7.0 13.3
1600 7.0 13.3
2000 7.0 13.3
2400 7.0 13.3

Attachments

• idle.elg
    53.6 KB · Views: 69
Those AFR's won't cause an issue. Since you have the wideband setup in link, make sure to add it to your Displayed Values so we can see it in the log.

Have you verified these items?
• Verify that Base Timing is correct
• Verify that Base Fuel Pressure is correct (1g manual = 37 psi; 1g auto = 43.5; 2g = 43.5 psi)
• Verify that there are no boost leaks
• Ensure all other components are working correctly
• Swap plug wires to account for different CAS (97-99)

I would also zero out the MAF Comp settings for right now. You can try using the built in wizard then.
v3mafadjcombft [ECMTuning - wiki]

Post up some more logs when you get a chance to take a look at these things.

Thanks snowboarder, I will verify and play with dsmlink more later, nap time now. More logs to come, stay tuned.

Okay heres is a short log I did going around the block, mostly 1/2 throttle 2nd gear pulls, I set the CEL to knock at 1 and everything is zeroed out. Also the screw to my very old boost controller is missing, good news is I want to run low boost!

Attachments

• 2ndpull.elg
    44.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Couple more logs. On one of them it shows 37 lb/min, pretty impressed with the that though.

Attachments

• pull37airflow.elg
    161 KB · Views: 59
  • logcharles.elg
    91.5 KB · Views: 56
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back