The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Fired up the TIG for the first time this weekend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I also use diversion 165. I went from a foot petal set up to finger and i dont mind either.

I really think it is a preference thing.

Amazing machine for the money

I'll be curious to see what you think of the fingertip control. Is it North/South or East/West? I've been thinking of picking one up to make it easier to weld out of position.

Once you go Thumb wheel you never go back!LOL I've become very proficient welding with one on any angle in any position on aluminum even overhead:sneaky:. Which is by far the hardest to do with a tig torch. I got my self into the practice of not using my wrist or arm or other to brace with. Yes It'll make a pretty weld, and I make a visual appearance nice when ever I can. However, when you comes down to it its like a crutch, and when you must not brace, and must weld free handed it makes all the difference.

I use the thumb wheel, and turn my torch head at an angle so I can operate the wheel with my thumb easily. Pointer finger works well too, but I've found thumb with an angle suites my technique best.:thumb:

oh no not welding! i have to watch guys stick and mig for 8 to 14 hours a day...yesterday it was 16. navy+shipyard=lots of welding. only if i had the funds to get my own and try some stuff out, then begin making my own things

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back