The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Finally, it's V1 of the real Saturn alternator bracket.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHerron

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
Missoula, Montana
That's right, no more messing with 25 bolts just to adjust/custom fit these durable Saturn units. It's just like the original. Skeptic?

The bottom pivot bolt (long bolt/square head) is fabbed to keep it from spinning when tightening/loosening. No vice grips, no second person to hold the bolt from spinning and no getting frustrated thinking of ways to tighten that little guy.

Top securing bolt that passes through the spacer block. No more using a nut on the backside. The hole in the top alternator mount is M8x1.25 Helicoiled.

Enjoy

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 193
I read your other thread. Looks great! I had a hard time adapting the stock alt tensioner arm to the GM unit and it never was 100%... had to use a ridiculously long bolt also.

Are you going to be selling these brackets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know yet, constantly finding new ways to mod here and there before I put the car 100% back together. Currently wire tucking.

But I ran with the old 'ghetto' setup for 4 months without a problem, and that was not as strong as this.

Highest I rev is 7-7.5 due to being a stroked engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mind making a write-up on it so it may be duplicated? I'll be making my own when I get back from AFGH, as I am not happy with the current setup. Anyways, good work and GL with your tuck. I'll be doing the same when I install my 6266 and new manifold setup.

I believe I will make an article, just when is the question. I just wanted to see how this thread goes since I'd have the downtime between.

Thank you for your services 92 GSR-4 :thumb:

I guess I've never really looked into it, so does the Saturn alt hold up better to heat? Put out more voltage? What are the benefits of it and what needs done wiring wise? I may be interested in this when my stock unit craps out.

I think they are more durable but that's just me, I have no proof. When I first went with Saturn the stock reman crapped out after only 3 months. Didn't have money for a new so I went junkyard to make the trip to MT. $40 later comes a parts store reman with a bad bearing off a junk Saturn.

Ran that 4 months next to my tubular housing and never quit. However the rear bearing was really shot... But it was bad from the yard in the first place.

Here's stock vs the Saturn bracket. This is how they would sit mounted up. Notice the opposite curves?

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 130
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back