The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

fidanza flywheel bolts required?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricktb

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2007
Edmonton, AB_Canada
I'm about to install a fidanza flywheel for my 1995 eagle talon tsi awd. I have read many conflicting threads regarding the hardware required to install this thing. Some people say the OEM bolts are fine, others say you need an spacer plate and longer bolts, other say still the longer bolts are too long and need to tap into the crank. I'm looking for specific details about the thickness of the stock flywheel, VS the thickness of the fidanza. Has any one measured this?

I like the idea of a steel plate to act as a washer between the hardened bolts and the soft aluminum mounting surface. Can some one tell me for sure they have used the AT plate with the AT bolts and had no issues? I do not want to tap the crank, and I do not want to lose more than a thread of hold.

Also has anyone had to balance their flywheel/clutch assembly before hand?
Does anyone have the specific bolts lengths they've used?

I am looking at this kit offered by RTM racing. any thoughts? https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18485&cat=0&page=1

In the end I'll probably go with a tried and true install method, whats your preferance??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back