The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Few upgrades and minor build 97 Gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The windshield was broken so I had a little fun using a hammer with that one. The quarter windows and hatch I removed using a putty knife and guitar string, mind you it was not easy in any aspect.
I don't plan on putting glass back on the quarters, I have something different planned for those.

Thanks, Jayson

Thanks Josh.

Small update, sent a "built" tranny I bought off to TMZ performance for a full teardown to verify what had been done, and to be built to my specifications. Had a few parts come in as well to cushion my stockpile of parts!

Thanks, Jayson

Attachments

• DSCN0803.jpg
    DSCN0803.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0804.jpg
    DSCN0804.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0805.jpg
    DSCN0805.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0806.jpg
    DSCN0806.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0807.jpg
    DSCN0807.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0808.jpg
    DSCN0808.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0809.jpg
    DSCN0809.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0811.jpg
    DSCN0811.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 89
Made good progress on the engine bay over the weekend. Grinded down the excess weld on the unused holes I patched up, sanded and primered to get the engine bay about 90% complete.

Received my tubular rear subframe from Paul a couple weeks ago and forgot to take pictures so here is to playing a little catch up!

Thnaks, Jayson

Attachments

• DSCN0814.JPG
    DSCN0814.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0815.JPG
    DSCN0815.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0816.JPG
    DSCN0816.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0828.JPG
    DSCN0828.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN0829.JPG
    DSCN0829.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0830.JPG
    DSCN0830.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0827.JPG
    DSCN0827.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 88
With everything I have planned for my car I decided it would be beneficial send my harnesses to someone to have them stripped, tucked and redone so I could concentrate on the rest of my build. Needless to say I was wrong. After about six months of this person having my harnesses and sending them hundreds of dollars, I received my fuse box harness that was tucked as requested but not wrapped as discussed, simply retaped like the factory harness.

Next is the engine harness which was slightly better off as the part that is in the engine bay was wrapped in the quality wrap and tucked along with the connectors eliminated that had been talked about. The plugs for the ECU were supposed to have the wires not being used depinned but were instead just cut off flush with the connector.

Next is the interior harness which was supposed to be stripped down, connectors eliminated that wont be used, tucked and re wrapped and it was literally not even touched. Communication has been extremely terrible since the day he received the harnesses so I was actually thankful just to receive my "harnesses" back. Now while some might not think these issues are very big deal, they are to me considering I paid to have this stuff specifically done and waited a very long time for it.
Long story short, I will be taking care of the neglected parts of the harnesses myself. Here are a few pictures of the harnesses.

Thanks, Jayon

Attachments

• Harness1 (2).jpg
    Harness1 (2).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Harness2 (2).jpg
    Harness2 (2).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 84
  • Harness3.jpg
    Harness3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 81
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back