The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Facepalm! Tons of Electrical Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King_Milo

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2006
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
A little precursor to my problems...I was finishing up my car and had asked my roommate to install my battery while I finished up minor details. I heard some popping and found out it got installed backwards. :thumb: Lesson of the day...Don't ask for help from people not mechanically savvy.

Anyway, what I'm dealing with now is a list of problems including no power to windows, radio, AC, etc. My seatbelts work occasionally. The car starts with no issues other than some clicking under the hood and an idle that's at 3k rpm.

I checked the fuses and the only one that was blown was the one for the Rad. Fan. Problem with this one is that I can't get it out. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reverse powering your ECU, like installing the battery backwards, is a guaranteed way to fry it the second you turn the ignition key to ON.

Contact ECMTuning about testing it and getting it fixed. --> ECMTuning Contact

:dsm:

Ahh, this blows. Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I can get this straight as soon as possible. I miss driving my car.

Sending the ECU off tomorrow.

Instead of starting a new thread on the fuse I'm having issues with I figured I'd just post some pics. I finally got the blown one out but I think I may have messed something up. Should it look like the other 30 amp to the right of it? I know this should be a minor detail but I'm being overly cautious on the car and want to be sure everything is right.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back