1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

F4a51 performance mods?

Posted by bbbrad, Dec 10, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. bbbrad

bbbrad Probationary Member

Joined Aug 18, 2012
    marton, New Jersey
    I want to manualise and setup a f4a for drag racing. What mods do I do to the valve body. Iknow I can get billet accumulaters, I can set the stacks up tighter , up the line pressure. I am planning on running a shiftbox of some sort. I'm curious as to what ports to drill and if it's required at all. Who has experience with these units.

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    You can get a Translab shift kit for it that will instruct you where to drill and comes with springs, plugs, etc. I strongly recommend a bottle of this:

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Bleakley

Bleakley Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2017
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I back up motomatt on the trans lab shift kit.
    IPT can install it / rework the valve body for you if you wish. I had John do mine. Very nice mod.

Forced Four for your shift box needs. Can handle all the basics, but is a fully programmable so you can set it up custom. VERY NICE product.

Street Build 808  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM