The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

External waste system pointers please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahyeah1469

Probationary Member
Sep 22, 2010
newyork, New_York
thanx agian for helping with my evo3 turbo problem .....

now on to the next step i want to upgrade to an external waste gate i need tips on whats parts and what step to follow to do so ....

i have evo 3 big 16g, stock manifold, 3inch exhuast, and 3 row intercooler

thanx agian for helping with my evo3 turbo problem .....

now on to the next step i want to upgrade to an external waste gate i need tips on whats parts and what step to follow to do so ....

i have evo 3 big 16g, stock manifold, 3inch exhuast, and 3 row intercooler

you'll need either a manifold flanged for a wastegate, or an o2 housing flanged for a wastegate. the wastegate itself, and either a dump tube or recirculated fitting. then 2 lines of vacuum hose to run from turbo to boost controller to gate. bolt it all up and you'll be external. you'll also have to unhook the internal gates actuator and probably weld the flapper shut. otherwise you'll be running two wastegates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back