The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO8 ECU in a DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon4show

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2005
Pensacola, Florida
Seemed worthy of a tech discussion, if not, my apologies and please relocate thread.

Please keep and open mind, just an idea

Was talking to some guys online on another forum tossing around the idea of swaping my ECU over to an EVO8 ECU. Apparently the pinouts are VERY similar, people have done the swap with an EVO5 and EVO6, and so I have read a few wires just need to be swapped on the harness.

Before anyone starts the bashing... Yes, I have an EPROM ECU. Yes, I do know DSMlink is the bomb!!11one! Yes, I could save myself the trouble and just get DSMlink. Ect.

Motives would be first, its only be done a few times and I haven't seen it in a 1G or 2G just yet. Second, as most know the EVO8 ECU is flashable with progams like ECUflash. Third, I believe this can be done at possibly half the price of DSMlink.

Discuss.

Whoops, thanks! I did a quick search and I guess I was using "8" instead of "viii"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back