The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

EVO II 16G vs EVO III 16G Differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90turbotsi

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 15, 2002
Owings Mills, Maryland
I am potentially buying a turbo but trying to figure out a few things. I was told it was a plain 16G ... looking at the exhaust side and the wastegate diaphram I can tell its the EVO style. When running the part numbers and EVO III comes up Mitsubishi part # 49178-01470 but this turbo is the same other then -01460 06 -vs- 07. This part number if for the EVO II 16G. Anyone know of the differences? I though at first it was a 6cm exhaust side however the exhaust side says 070 on its so thats not the case. Its a good deal price wise just knowing brand new EVOIII's are only $450 I wanted to know a bit more about it. Any input would be great
thanks!

I don't know of the differences but for 450 just get the evo3. i mean if the kid says it is just a plain 16g. i mean how much are you getting the evo2 for? Also the evo3 is better otherwise you would see people rocking evo2s' instead.

The only difference that i know of is that the EVO3 is bigger. other than that i'm not sure what else

Im bringing this thread back alive again. Im very curious on to what the difference between a EVO 2 and a EVO 3 Turbo is.

I have an EVO 2 turbo. It spools nice and I've logged some pretty high flow numbers in DSMLINK.

49178-01460

Thats what it reads on the Comp housing.

ANybody know anything?

I know my evo 1 came with evo 3 turbo. What was different was the 02 housing. The 02 housing on the evo1 matched the larger outlets on turbo. But the flange for the downpipe was still dsm size, not larger like the evo 3 flange. My bet is the evoII came with the evo 3 stuff.

PRESSURIZED said:
Im bringing this thread back alive again. Im very curious on to what the difference between a EVO 2 and a EVO 3 Turbo is.

I have an EVO 2 turbo. It spools nice and I've logged some pretty high flow numbers in DSMLINK.

49178-01460

Thats what it reads on the Comp housing.

ANybody know anything?

Was just wondering what kind of lb/min you were logging with the evoII and at what boost?

daren_p said:
Was just wondering what kind of lb/min you were logging with the evoII and at what boost?

41/lb min at 22psi.....more room for improvement..propably 44lbs potential

PRESSURIZED said:
41/lb min at 22psi.....more room for improvement..propably 44lbs potential

OMG , is your profile up to date? If the evoII is abit smaller then the evoIII that seems to be a much higher then normal lb/min reading especially if you are running a stock 2g head with stock cams. Do you have any logs, I'd like to check them out?

daren_p said:
OMG , is your profile up to date? If the evoII is abit smaller then the evoIII that seems to be a much higher then normal lb/min reading especially if you are running a stock 2g head with stock cams. Do you have any logs, I'd like to check them out?

Did you miss my quote? The evo1 came with the same turbo as evo3. The 02 housing is proof it wasn't just upgraded from small 16g. If it did come with small 16g then the 02 housing would have been same as dsm. (small inlets, small outlet flange) But the 02 housing had large openings to match the evo 3 turbo, but it still had small outlet flange to match the smaller evo1 downpipe.(same size as dsm)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back