The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO III GT/ EVO III 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginglingston11

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2004
Mountainside, New_Jersey
hey guys i've got a 95 tsi awd and im looking to do a turbo upgrade. i have been interested in the evo 3 big 16g for a while now but recently i have been atracted towards the evo 3 gt. its ported from the manufactor and its got a 34mm wastegate flapper from the old 28mm. and on dyno sheets it produces alot better than than the 16g.

my upgrades are a 255 walbro fuel pump and a hallman boost contoller. i plan on doing a full turbo back exhaust when im ready to buy the turbo.

now im looking for other peoples opinions which one i should go with on the setup and im going to get my exhaust when i upgrade. :talon:

people have gotten some power outta the EVO GT but for the price difference i wouldnt chance it, Go big or Go home

Its only the most important part of your car

There is a decent thread on here about the EVO GT and if you can find it there is a comparison on SBR's website that bashes the GT

Either way do what you want it could be good and worth it but unless its a HUGE price difference i wouldnt do it

Without bigger injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator your not even going to be able to push those turbo's to near their max potential!

Personally, i run a MHI unit, but i also purchased it long before the GT was available. I doubt there is a very big difference between the turbo's performance wise, maybe a small gain going to the GT if the MHI isn't ported. It terms of actually durability, the GT has not yet stood the test of time where was the MHI unit has. The call is yours really, from personal experience i have had NO problems performance or reliability wise with my MHI EvoIII.

But do yourself a favor, if you intend on ever pushing that turbo you will need to upgrade to atleast 550cc injectors, AFPR (you will over-run the stocker anyways), and at the least an S-AFC/MAF-T type tuning system, i'd recommend an chipped Eprom ECU with DSMLink personally.

Either way, you have a potent turbo capable putting down 400hp on a well tuned setup.

However on a side note, i did read from turbochargers.com that they we're backordered on GT's until December. Not sure if the other vendors stock them, as far as i know turbochargers.com is the main distributor for these turbos.

When you post a thread is says:

1. Make sure you've researched this topic before you post. Do not post a question already answered in the FAQ FORUM or the Tech Guide and do a keyword search. Most DSM tech questions are quickly answered that way. Posting a common question will result in negative consequences.

Please do that then post if you have a specific question. Also if you read the FAQS you would know there are no turbo vs turbo threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back