The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

EVO front brake problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jferrecchia

Probationary Member
Dec 5, 2002
Marlboro, Massachusetts
I am having problems with the front brakes on my EVO. The last couple of days when I leave for work the front caliper seems to rub. I noticed that I am loosing braking in my front right caliper. it seems to grind when I hit the brakes. There may be a some debris in there or something. Anyone have this problem? I figured I'd ask before taking it apart.... keep in mind these are 4 piston calipers in the front. Maybe one of the pistons is out of sync?

John

Cant be out of synch unless they screwed up machining it and a piston locked in the bore or something.. Push on the bottom outer and the other three will move out.. ETC.. They are "self leveling."

Take it apart and clean everything... On calipers which dont float the pistons do.. That means calipers Like yours so the caliper cant hang up on glide pins. But debris can get jambed inbetween the pads and caliper preventing the pad from floating away from the rotor properly when off the brakes.

Also what was the temperature out?

You could have pads frozen.. Like with ice to the caliper. Did it go away after a while?

MNGSX said:
Also what was the temperature out?

You could have pads frozen.. Like with ice to the caliper. Did it go away after a while?

When it first started happenng it was after it snowed out. The roads were full of shit. I was doing some drifting in parking lots. It was like 60 today....

In that case probably just pebbles and crap jambed between the pad plate(s) and the caliper....

So "disassemble #5" and get back to me..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back