The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Link G4 Evo 8 link g4+ in 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty9

Probationary Member
Mar 22, 2019
Mentor, Ohio
I am currently on ecmlink V3. Have zero complaints thus far. However I am considering making the switch to a Evo 8 link G4+. Does anyone have any insight on the change, has anyone done this? I only am entertaining this switch to be able to give the car safeties that dsmlink doesn't as well as to gain a can bus network to run a dash and logger combo. AIM has units that would be beneficial to what I do with the car, but I cannot for the life of me find any information of anyone that has ran this ecu. I primarily road race the car, and its a pretty basic engine setup. I honestly just want the peace of mind that the ecu will tame the car as I near the edge of its limits.

I've been running the G4+ in my 1g and it's considerably better than ecmlink. The only advantage ecmlink has is it's slightly cheaper, you likely already have it and it's simple. Link G4+ runs the car smoother, has a ton more inputs and outputs, tons of engine safety features you can setup, onboard logging so you never need a laptop etc etc. They also support their users really well. You have no chance of getting advice from the ecmlink guys on your setup but the Link guys are always on the forums to answer any questions you have no matter how simple. You can also run much better widebands like the Link CAN widebands that wont blow out every other month like the Innovates. It is more difficult to setup though but there are a lot of competent remote tuners that can help you if you can't figure it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back