The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evap code

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanks doug, i have checked the gas cap yesterday but it still on today. i was just asking that question for an idea that maybe it was the problem. everything else i will look at later today well at least try to. bullettdsm nice whp
You know you have to reset the ECU to make the cel go away, right? Disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes.

I presume you checked the cap cap with a tester. Or did you just see if it was on tight?

These may be simple questions, but I gotta ask them for reason of clarity.

MB

Thanks for the compliment

i didnt know i had to reset it and i just tightened it. its brand new i bought the car and didnt know it didnt have a cap. ill try resetting it when it stops raining. thanks for the questions they help! btw wheres your pics bullettdsm?

Police station ;)

Yeah, try resetting and see how long that lasts. If there was no cap at all, that would definitely be a problem.

MB

well i finally got around to resetting the car. the light went away i used a little less than a quarter tank and the light is still off! so far so good. thanks a lot! :thumb:

Never did find out which part was the Evap pump switch but no matter. My smog was coming up in a few months so I decided to fix the car.

Under the passenger side bumper is the Evap canaster(1997 GS Eclipse)
attach to it is a thing with two medium hoses and one small hose attached. In addition, there is a hose that connects to one side of the part and circles back and connects to the other side. I took this part off and clean it with WD40. shooting spray into the inlets and then draining the cleaner out. I also blew in and out lightly into inlets to see if blocked or if diaphragms are working. There is another part that is close by and has two small hoses connected to it. It is encased in a rubber housing. I clean out that one too. After putting the parts back in, I drove for about a day and the engine light went out. I think one of the diaphragms got stuck and cleaning it freed it. I hope this helps others since there is like ZERO info on where and how to fix code P1494.

Do you have the part number for the plastic valve you changed?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back