The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Engine Bay Harness Interchange?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikejsmith1985

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2009
Bethel, Ohio
Hi, I hate to start new threads because I know its been covered somewhere but I'm just not finding it with search...

I am working on an AWD build. I am swapping the engine from my 98 GST into an Early 95 TSI AWD.

The wiring has been touched a lot on the TSI and I don't have any history of the car to know who, where, or why...

Bottom line. I tried to swap the fuse box and harness from the 98 GST up to the kick panel fuse box into the 95 TSI.

A key difference the 95 TSI has a set of wires that run through both front fenders and into the cabin, the GST only has this on the driver's side. I don't know what if anything I'll be missing if I move forward with swapping the harness.

I've added some pictures of the TSI Harness, I've already removed the GST Harness.

The loom of wires that runs through the back side of the core support from the fuse box and up the driver's side fender appears to be the same as the GST.

The loom of wires that runs across the front of the core support is what worries me. yes some of that wiring exists in the GST harness but is routed differently for the fans, and passenger side lights. It ends at the grounding point behind the headlight. I don't know what the wires are for that go all the way up into the cabin through that grommet.

I also don't know what the 2 white wires that were cut are used for, may have been extra wires for a sound system or something but the loom doesn't look like it's been taken apart to add wires there, and based on the fact that they didn't re-wrap above the driver side fender suggests to me that those could be factory wires...

Can someone tell me what I'm up against or point me to one of the threads that already has it spelled out?
Thanks!

Something I should have mentioned the TSI is higher optioned with a power driver seat and sunroof. The GST has neither.

Attachments

• TSI Harness 2.jpg
    TSI Harness 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • TSI Harness 3.jpg
    TSI Harness 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • TSI Harness 4.jpg
    TSI Harness 4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • TSI Harness 5.jpg
    TSI Harness 5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
Thank you both for your help! I've sourced another harness from a 95/96 that hasn't been molested to swap in. This could likely be fixed, but I don't know what else has been done to it...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back