The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Interchangable engine bay plugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocCitySlayer

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2011
Rochester, New_York
I was wondering if there are any other cars that have the same engine bay harness plugs as the 2gs? Im looking for a 1g CAS plug and some other 2g plugs. I don't want to pay top dollar for new when I can possibly go to a junk yard. Only reason I need then is because the previous owner broke the plastic on almost all of them and im finally getting around to cleaning up the engine bay and want to replace plugs.

If you name the plugs people may be able to help with what are the same. Unfortunately, you are better off jest buying new.Tthe Newest DSMs are almost 15 years old and most of the plugs you find used are just as brittle and dried out as the ones you have.

You would have to be extremely lucky (as in finding a car that had it replaced shortly before being junked) to find a good condition CAS plug in a J/Y, that sensor is very close to the engine which makes the plastic very brittle as a result, more so than any other sensor/actuator plug. Hence the price...

Yea I kind of figured used would be brittle but mine are actually broken ha, still plug in but I don't trust the clips. Are there no cars that use the same plugs as the 4g63T?

Someone on here posted a tutorial on how to cut up a Hyundai sensor connector to make it sort of fit, in a very non sealed sort of way. Or you could always pull the wires out of your connector, and epoxy them into the sensor. There are a lot of ways to "fix" it on the cheap.

As far as what other cars to hit up in a junkyard, go after 3000GTs, they will have several of the same connectors. The 91-92 even has the 1G CAS

The new pigtails include over 2 ft. of new GXL automotive spec wiring, and a special hi-temp sleeving. So no need to cut up a lamp cord to get enough wire to replace the old wiring. And you can probably then repair the hackjob done when the previous owner installed the 1G CAS in there the first time.

Or you can buy the kit with a bunch of the different underhood connectors new, including the CAS. Add your own lamp cord, and you are good to go!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back