The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine Bay clean up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
yes, i am going to be trying to clean up my engine bay. i know i want to do EGR delete, but i am not sure what else i should do? i know there is other engine bay clean up things i can do but i need someone to help me out what i should do? and also is there some kind of diagram out there someone came up with to delete the EGR? any help is great!!!!!!!!!!

thanks Dustin

There are quite a few threads on this if you do a search.

That being said.
1. Remove all cruise control components
2. Use a non cruise throttle cable and route underneath the intake manifold
3. Route the injector harness underneath the intake manifold and up between the
runners
4. Relocate battery, either to the rear or lower on the frame
5. Many more options etc......

i have already deleted my cruse control. i want to now do EGR delete. is there a diagram out there? i want to relocate battery but i want to make sure i do it right the first time. what else is there i can do out there to clean it up? thanks

Short route intercooler pipes, hide engine fuse box in glove, remove AC, remove power steering pump (loop the lines together, parking lot turning sucks!), switch to speed density and remove ugly MAF, it goes on and on and on and on. Research is key!

cool thanks and i have just recently removed all my A/C.i have been researching speed density and i need the eprom ECU in my car first. then i can get that and dsmlink right. also i cant find anything on telling me what is the right way to remove my EGR?

yea i put a picture of it on another post and it wasn't they said. also it didn't have that E that the eprom ECU has.and thanks for the link i haven't ran into that i have been looking for a week of so.

yea i found that out as well. i have got a lot of help on these forums i have posted or read on here. i want to get that eprom as soon as i can. i got to have it socked as well. but cant wait to get it

When I first saw the thread title I started thinking DAWN dish soap and GUNK greaser :ohdamn:

It really all depends on how far you want to go and how much effort you are willing to put forth.

A wire tuck can help eliminate a lot of eye sores but it can also be a lot of work.

Most of the best ideas have been mentioned above.

ABS delete
Manual rack steering & the list goes on & on.

Oh & iugrad92turbo ^ knows how to make um CLEAN

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Chris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back