The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

emissions removed...But no MBC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
My gf who I Have flipped from ricer to turner. She wants to remove emissions EGR,vacum.... etc I showed the Taboo speed shop's diagram. She asked me if she could remove them without using a MBC? I want would happen Does anybody know?

Nothing I guess. It shows the BOV T'ed to the Intake. Then it runs to MBC then finally goes to turbo wastegate...If there is no MBC wouldn't the car just boost what the wastegate is set for..8lbs

Nothing I guess. It shows the BOV T'ed to the Intake. Then it runs to MBC then finally goes to turbo wastegate...If there is no MBC wouldn't the car just boost what the wastegate is set for..8lbs

Well, the BOV would be tee'd into a boost-source. You didn't say the year of your GF's car, but if it's a 1g, you can use the boost-source off the j-pipe, then off the wastegate for the other. If it's a 2g, you can tap the BOV-line if you can't find another. It's frowned upon, but a 2g doesn't have a source of a j-pipe stock like a 1g.

Since you don't have a MBC, just leave the stock boost-control solinoid in place until you get a MBC.

the nipple was broken. Whould the car just boost 8lbs. Thats what 14b wastegate is set to open. Right??? The car is a DD right now. We dont can't get a MBC just yet

the nipple was broken. Whould the car just boost 8lbs. Thats what 14b wastegate is set to open. Right??? The car is a DD right now. We dont can't get a MBC just yet

What nipple? But yes, the stock wastegate is set for about 8lbs. You can delete the stock boost-control solinoid properly so it doesn't over-boost. You may even pick up a lb. or two. Check www.vfaq.com for the how-to.

I did it. been set up that way that for a week. I was pretty sure I was right. She saw the Aftermarket guage was reading 2lbs more than her stocker. I explained the differance between the two she understands now. She wanted to hear sombody else say it. LOL Thanks

HaHa...such faith she has ;). At least she's on the right path. It's not uncommon for the wastegate actuator to create up to 10psi of pressure on a 1g. Like Red said, just be sure she pays attention to the boost gauge, as it is also not uncommon for the original stock actuator to stick as it nears the end of it's life.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back