The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Update Your Password Today!

We have implemented tools to identify member accounts using insecure passwords and will be locking those accounts until their passwords are updated. Don't get locked out of your account - update your password today, and ensure your account has a valid email address on file. Read more here...
Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

EgoThief

pieceofcloth

Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2019
Houston, Texas
That’s a bummer. Hopefully it’s not the cause of the leak 🤞
Think I should just put the plate back on & see how it holds ? If it leaks, I'ma blame the crank. I gotta go visit a shop and see if any of these other cranks I'm holding are even worth it.

Fuq it, I'ma run it and see😑
I appreciate u guys, foreal
@habitatguy187 @TK's9d2TSi

habitatguy187

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
I would run it also. My curiosity would make me do it LOL! I want to know if that old plate was cracked. Or maybe it's cause the seal was tapped flush?? Who knows. But you got new parts and you've done this job enough times to make it worth it to try, that's how I see it. Good luck brother I really want to see you enjoy the fruits of your labor 👊

pieceofcloth

Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2019
Houston, Texas
Ive been off and on with this car, mainly because of this Texas heat since April & of course other things around here. I've done a few pulls & with the help of Tony @AWD-Tony , we've managed to get it running fine. There are still adjustments to be done but just been so busy around the house to mess with the car. The few times I had taken it out, there has been no leaks. I took the vehicle out to get some wot logs yesterday( but didn't) and went to my uncles shop to talk to him about fishing this weekend. When I had got home, I went in to open the garage and when I pulled it in, I notice an oil spot again. I didn't care to look at it yesterday cause this machine has got me so discouraged, I've lost a lot of energy to even bother. I took a look at it today and it seems to be leaking in the same area. My timing belt is wet, not soaked & I believe my crank may have some scoring which is allowing the seep/leak of oil from the main seal.

I wont get rid of the vehicle but I know I need to replace this engine or possibly the crank. I'm going to need some professional help from a shop that can check my remaining cranks, and blocks. If I can't piece anything together, i'll be looking for another complete engine &/OR another 1g vehicle. whichever bundle lays out in front of me

IMG_20220929_144951778.jpg
IMG_20220929_144932743.jpg

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
Ive been off and on with this car, mainly because of this Texas heat since April & of course other things around here. I've done a few pulls & with the help of Tony @AWD-Tony , we've managed to get it running fine. There are still adjustments to be done but just been so busy around the house to mess with the car. The few times I had taken it out, there has been no leaks. I took the vehicle out to get some wot logs yesterday( but didn't) and went to my uncles shop to talk to him about fishing this weekend. When I had got home, I went in to open the garage and when I pulled it in, I notice an oil spot again. I didn't care to look at it yesterday cause this machine has got me so discouraged, I've lost a lot of energy to even bother. I took a look at it today and it seems to be leaking in the same area. My timing belt is wet, not soaked & I believe my crank may have some scoring which is allowing the seep/leak of oil from the main seal.

I wont get rid of the vehicle but I know I need to replace this engine or possibly the crank. I'm going to need some professional help from a shop that can check my remaining cranks, and blocks. If I can't piece anything together, i'll be looking for another complete engine &/OR another 1g vehicle. whichever bundle lays out in front of me

View attachment 674771View attachment 674772
I feel your pain. This is one of the more tedious spots in the car to diagnose and repair. Do yourself a favor, take a deep breath, and step back for a sec.

pieceofcloth

Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2019
Houston, Texas
Well, I just finished pulling the engine. I have a spare crank that is within oem specs and is going to replace what I have in there now. I'm still searching for some front sleeves that'll fit the worn crank. I know I'll find it here soon, just ready to jump back in this machine again.

I made a list of things I need to touch up and replace before I put it back in. This time it'll be even more ready and that much better. I'm debating if I should get that fp exhaust manifold that everyone has or just keep using this unknown tubular. After this fix up, I should be able to push it where I had plan. I was barely running 10lbs and was having a blast.(I'm still new to this turbo stuff) but, I'd love to get it to the 18lb+ region. Anyways, I'll keep yall updated as soon as 🤘
16702762728283521668928308803412.jpg
167027629577577355742854655865.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds