The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ecuflash and E85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxracing4500

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2012
Europe
I been doing some searches all day today, I havent found much on dsmtuners but more so the evo forums. If I decide to stick it out with flashing my ecu and switch to E85 I will have to rescale my injectors right? so 1200cc on E85 would be (1200X.067=804) about 804cc on E85?

also what about the AFR's? I think you guys with link can just adjust global fueling %? But do I have to manually change all my AFR? Sorry but I am trying to find a simple way of doing this instead of redoing my tune on 93.

I been flashing for my ecu for 5 months but I think its time to make the switch, there still isnt support :ohdamn:

That should be close for injector scaling but always dial them in by checking/logging target AFR and actual AFR. Yes, with ecuflash you have the luxury of actually having a fuel map so you can adjust it where you want it. Also, you can simultaneously change multiple cells by selecting them and hitting the equals key to input a new AFR or just press +- to increase multiple highlighted cells at once.

It's a higher AFR for e85 like 19:1, while 93 would be closer to 14.7:1... Oh and btw e85 will destroy stock fuel lines... It's less powerful.. And you'll get worse mileage, so unless your saving the plant, not worth it at all.

It's a higher AFR for e85 like 19:1, while 93 would be closer to 14.7:1... Oh and btw e85 will destroy stock fuel lines... It's less powerful.. And you'll get worse mileage, so unless your saving the plant, not worth it at all.

:ohdamn: Do you have any type of experience? Or do you just not want this guy to make more power? I'm sure he is well aware of the pros and cons of ethanol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I'm ASE certified in electrical, what do you do guy? E85 is trash and will kill fuel lines... So slow your role homie...

Bump for trash e85...takes more, hard to find, garbage...

Dude I'm ASE certified in electrical, what do you do guy? E85 is trash and will kill fuel lines... So slow your role homie...

My career is completely irrelevant to the property of ethanol fuels. If you know anything about electricity/electronics then chime in on threads about something you know about. Tuners do not need you giving false information to its members who are looking for help.
That being said, people make much more power on e85 (I myself make over 625awhp on low boost on e77 in my dsm. I also make descent power with my evo on the same fuel. Where some of us live we do not have a choice of high-octane fuels. Closest thing to me is 91 oct. Hell, all the big dogs at the shootout run e98 and set records every year. No one converts their cars to ethanol to get good mileage. You would have to be crazy to convert it for no reason. I think you need to spend more time in the community and know what you are talking about before you go jumping on experienced peoples backs.'

OP: If you come back to your thread. What rom are you running? It would be worth your time to contact MY1GDSM and shoot him a few questions. He has done tunes for me and used evoscan/ecu flash with the openport software.

My career is completely irrelevant to the property of ethanol fuels. If you know anything about electricity/electronics then chime in on threads about something you know about. Tuners do not need you giving false information to its members who are looking for help.
That being said, people make much more power on e85 (I myself make over 625awhp on low boost on e77 in my dsm. I also make descent power with my evo on the same fuel. Where some of us live we do not have a choice of high-octane fuels. Closest thing to me is 91 oct. Hell, all the big dogs at the shootout run e98 and set records every year. No one converts their cars to ethanol to get good mileage. You would have to be crazy to convert it for no reason. I think you need to spend more time in the community and know what you are talking about before you go jumping on experienced peoples backs.'

OP: If you come back to your thread. What rom are you running? It would be worth your time to contact MY1GDSM and shoot him a few questions. He has done tunes for me and used evoscan/ecu flash with the openport software.

I am running Ceddys bigmaps, I am unsure where to find the ROM ID, my stock W/ceddy mods, big maps, SD with big maps all start with 20550011

That is your Rom id. You do have to adjust individual cells for best results. Have you used the evo Roms before?

First off... .

Using a Gas calibrated wideband (90% are) regardless of the fuel it will read 14.7 for the point of stoich or lambda 1

My 1g has been running stock lines and only seen pump gas a few times since the date in my Signature with out issues ;) Look to Brazil if you really want to start the discussion :)

Less powerful? Not exactly it contains less BTU's and in turn has a lower energy content. But that is why you use "roughly" 30% more and get less mileage. But in fact is a benefit of it as well because the cooling properties of Alcohol and injecting extra amounts of it... .

As far as not "worth it" 4G63T made that point already I think :)

Bump for trash e85...takes more, hard to find, garbage..
Some of the biggest names out there have ZERO formal "education".
Not sure how that is at all relevant to the discussion in any way though either you know what you are talking about or you don't a piece of paper does not mean anything IMHO. Aside for the fact that you are able to repeat what you have been told... . Real world experience > piece of paper ;)

Before commenting on the property's or better yet blatantly stating you"opinion" of something you obviously are not educated on. Take the time to look threw the bit of info that is here on the forums at least

These two threads for starters :thumb:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...e85-ethanol-corn-gas-e70-beginner-merged.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...-85-ethanol-corn-gas-e70-advanced-merged.html

OP these two threads should cover quite a bit of what you are asking if you feel it's still over your head

Feel free to contact me I'd be happy to take care of your tune for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. For everyone who wants to hate on my opinion, and say I'm ignorant! Ok.... And saying its just a sheet of paper, sounds like THEY DON'T HAVE credentials of any kind! You people make me sick! You put an intake an a exhaust on and you think your an auto tech?! Na... Your a loser, and your car is probly a heap anyway... So get educated and stop hatin! Btw e85 is crap... Read a book instead of thinking you know it all... 93 oct all day!

Btw e85 is crap... Read a book instead of thinking you know it all... 93 oct all day!

I'm running E85 with stock fuel lines and filter. No problems yet. I'm also running 27psi on a s16g with 17* peak timing. Can your 93 oct do that? No it can't. How do I know? Not because I have a fancy ASE cert (like that means squat), because I've tried.

You put an intake an a exhaust on and you think your an auto tech?! Na... Your a loser

According to your profile, your only mod is an intake. So how are going to bash those who have only installed an intake and exhaust? They're at least twice as experienced as you when it comes to DSM's....

THEY DON'T HAVE credentials of any kind!

You and your ASE credentials have yet to post a single shred of correct information. The fact that you have a whole 21 posts and have already earned negative reputation just further proves my point. Your wrong, deal with it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
C said:
Btw e85 is crap... Read a book instead of thinking you know it all... 93 oct all day!

E85 is ~106 octane... So, I would love to see you make more power on 93 vs E85. Its certainly not "crap" it is a worthwhile solution for guys that want to make more power and don't want to spend tons of money on race gas.

Ok.. For everyone who wants to hate on my opinion, and say I'm ignorant! Ok.... And saying its just a sheet of paper, sounds like THEY DON'T HAVE credentials of any kind! You people make me sick! You put an intake an a exhaust on and you think your an auto tech?! Na... Your a loser, and your car is probly a heap anyway... So get educated and stop hatin! Btw e85 is crap... Read a book instead of thinking you know it all... 93 oct all day!

Actually use E85 and then come back here. What E85 "credentials" do you have exactly? I first started using it in 2001 and love it. I've had it in my 2G since 2006 with stock lines, filter, FPR, etc (as well as quite a few other DSM's with all those same parts stock).

Stop reading false information (and spreading it) and start getting some EXPERIENCE.

I really feel sorry for you........ actually i feel sorry for the DSM you own.

A little bit bigger turbine housing, some more boost and a little less conservative Tune an it will be :)

I'd be real interested what it will do at the Track after as well ;)

I certified in non-retard. Sorry.

It's not about opinion, its flat-out factually incorrect.

Stoichiometry is not subject to belief.

Lol clea is a moron, i come from another platform, cobalt ss sc and our cars make alot more power on e85 then 93. Its scary to think someone passed this guy and allowed him to be a tech.

Which is why my friend has been running e85 on stock lines and stock filter for 3yrs and has had no problems whatsoever, right?

A dyno sheet works for credentials here. Where's yours?

Stoich for E85 is about 9.7:1, not 19:1. I that were the case we'd all get 40MPG and be able to make big power on small injectors.

I'm another that has had E85 in the tank for a while (working on 7 years) and I have not once had any corrosion issues.

OP, yes, you have to scale injectors. As for AFR, the ECU is going to target what you have it set to target. Your wideband will convert the air fuel ratio to the gasoline scale. So your wideband readings will appear very similar to your readings on gasoline. You do not have to instruct the ECU to target the much richer AFR settings required for E85 because you handled that within the injector scaling.

Get your injector scaling done, and set your AFR table where you want it (usually leaner in the power than gasoline, every car is different) and start turning it up. Enjoy your new found power.

So Being ASA certified..Did they tell you that e85 makes less power..Because thats completly false.

Makes less power on stock injectors, that answer is yes..

I'm in the midwest..I have multiple e85 stations within a 20 mile radius..

Also elthenol is such garbage, that brazil has had e20/e25 being the standard since the 70's.Of course it takes america 30+ years to figure that out..;)

So before you tell people to slow there roll..You might want to come correct.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back