The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ecu compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killermind

Probationary Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hatillo, Puerto_Rico
I would like to know if the 97 ecu is compatible with a 96 car. the engine is a 420a and is a automatic transmission. thanks in advance:D

While I can't answer the question, I don't deal with 2G's or 420a's but, you could call a dealer and ask them if the part numbers would be the same.

On the older 1G's you could swap about anything in, as long as it was NT or turbo Auto, Manual etc etc.

the part number of the ecu is 5293014, the guy that sold it to me tells me its compatible but I've read otherwise, so I would like to know the answer, thanks guys

he told me there's no difference

I tried it but it doesn't start my car, no spark to the ignition coil

well you can make that ecu work but its alot easier to get the proper one for your car. to fix this you would need the pin lay out to both ecu's and have to switch some of them around to make it get spark,timing, power ect.

here again after a long time...
Im planing on making all the wires on the car new, so I was wondering if anybody here has some tips or the number of the cables used, where can I get them, ect, your help will be great, thank you

PS: bought a 96 eagle talon ecu because it was compatible with my car , we checked the vin number, but It was the same, because of that I'm going to replace all the wires

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back