The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ebay FMIC universal intercooler piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fair enough, i will wait to take off my bumper and do a mock up before i order it.
Someone told me ill need 90 degree couplers off my FMIC with a 90 degree pipe. I pictured using a straight coupler with a 90 degree pipe. Am i wrong here?

DSMsOwnYourV8 --> can you email me the pictures of your set up? or was that you who emailed me already LOL..([email protected])

why 3inch piping your going to have massive turbo lag your going to hate it

ill just wait, im going to get a evo III big 16g. Possibly the ebay one, i've read alot of threads and it apparently performs pretty damn good. So if i get the big 16g, will i the intercooler piping fit or still need to customize it?

also: can someone answer my BOV question from my 1st post

dude dont get aturbo from ebay. It may look the same as the real ones but the difference is in the materials used to build it, therefore less quality so im guessing it wont last as much.

Ive had my evo 3 (SBR) turbo for over 2 years i checked it yesterday theres no play at all
neither side to side nor in and out.

In the other hand my friend ordered a t3t4 off ebay he also ordered the exaust mani

1. the mani fit but you couldnt mount up the turbo because it would rub against the block so i had to make a ugly looking flange, but bolted it up.

2. After only one month the car started smoking, sure enough the turbo went bad.

So all im saying is you get what you pay for, and this is one of the reasons for which people think DSMs are garbage, ### they buy shitty stuff and expect high performance from them. It doesnt add up to me you know!:thumb:

why 3inch piping your going to have massive turbo lag your going to hate it

Why will i get turbo lag, explain the theory from using 3" instead of 2.5".
So if my stock turbo spools at 3,000RPM, adding the 3" will make it spool later?
im going with an EVO III Big 16g, i dunno if im going ebay or legit yet. But won't that decrease the turbo lag from the 3" if im running more boost?

dude dont get aturbo from ebay. It may look the same as the real ones but the difference is in the materials used to build it, therefore less quality so im guessing it wont last as much.

Ive had my evo 3 (SBR) turbo for over 2 years i checked it yesterday theres no play at all
neither side to side nor in and out.

In the other hand my friend ordered a t3t4 off ebay he also ordered the exaust mani

1. the mani fit but you couldnt mount up the turbo because it would rub against the block so i had to make a ugly looking flange, but bolted it up.

2. After only one month the car started smoking, sure enough the turbo went bad.

So all im saying is you get what you pay for, and this is one of the reasons for which people think DSMs are garbage, ### they buy shitty stuff and expect high performance from them. It doesnt add up to me you know!:thumb:

You make a valid point, but there are countless threads on ppl using the ebay turbo without any problems (and for more then 2 years). Since ebay sells so many knock offs compared to legit ones, there will obviously be more defected ones.

(example: ebay sells: 10,000 mitisbushi sells 1,000 in a given year, there will clearly be more defects from ebay bc so many more are sold).

THIS is where EBAY TURBO BUYERS should jump in, but its the wrong thread and don't want to get off topic LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back