The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Ebay FMIC universal intercooler piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochilli

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario_Canada
Here are the pics of my Universal Intercooler piping kit from ebay: It isnt flanged for a BOV, so ill have to go to a shop to get that made. Can someone please tell me how much work this will be to install on my 96 talon....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

heres a pic of my FMIC (also from ebay):

Piping and outlets are 3". How can/will this fit to my throttle body and turbo (T25 stock)? IF it won't fit, how could i make it fit? How much cutting/welding will i have to do? im new to tuning and want to install this sometime this month, i've searched all over this site but couldn't find any threads on my piping kit.

ALSO: i have a Greey type-rs ebay knock off BOV, im pretty sure its set up for atmospheric dump. CAN i buy some kit to make it recirculate? or do i have to get the other supportin mods (GM MAF, MAF translator)?
ITEM: eBay Motors: RS Type Blow Off Valve Eclipse Evo Lancer Talon BOV P (item 290233604593 end time Jun-01-08 22:34:17 PDT)

there are things you can buy to make it go back into the intake tube. as far as geting that front mount to work with the stock turbo id say its a waste id wait untill you upgrade turbos. also the cheap ebay cores are junk but each there own i guess if you want to make that work for the stock one your going to have to get the right cuplers. you can make that piping work but your going to have to do a custm job on that one. i say your going to make that car go slower then faster your going to feed that small turbo WAY more air it could ever handle... good luck

i dont get it how can that be, changing the intercooler feed more air to the turbo i would say impossible,all the intercooler does is cool the air charge FROM the turbo i'm not trying to be a wise guy but thats just not true

The intercooler will not be feeding the turbo any more air than the turbo already gets, it will just make the air from the turbo going into the engine cooler. The 3" piping is pretty large so you will see some turbo lag from that. The piping will fit if you make it fit. You will need a coupler to go larger from the j-pipe out of the turbo to your intercooler piping because that will be a huge size change to the 3" piping. As for the throttle body, I'm not positive if it will fit, again you will probably need a coupler to size down from the piping to the TB.

like stated you will not see much of a difference with a fmic on the t-25. if i were you i would search the classifieds and find a good 14b, they can be had for around 100, then install that and the fmic at the same time. it will make the piping easier to do and the 14b can push enough air to actually make the fmic worth it. just my .02

ill just wait, im going to get a evo III big 16g. Possibly the ebay one, i've read alot of threads and it apparently performs pretty damn good. So if i get the big 16g, will i the intercooler piping fit or still need to customize it?

also: can someone answer my BOV question from my 1st post

There is a recirculation fitting that you can buy seperately for the type RS. I'm not sure if they exist for ebay knockoffs or if the real ones fit the knockoffs. All it does is change the horn into a straight fitting that you can clamp a hose on to.

Why didn't you just get intercooler piping specific to your car? Those universal kits will still leave you hunting for more forms of piping. I don't see a TB elbow, for starters. They are also neither beaded or rolled which will make your couplers constantly pop off. I also don't know of any DSM that has need for those 45 degree bends. That isdefinitely a custom job no matter what turbo you use.

There is a recirculation fitting that you can buy seperately for the type RS. I'm not sure if they exist for ebay knockoffs or if the real ones fit the knockoffs. All it does is change the horn into a straight fitting that you can clamp a hose on to.

Why didn't you just get intercooler piping specific to your car? Those universal kits will still leave you hunting for more forms of piping. I don't see a TB elbow, for starters. They are also neither beaded or rolled which will make your couplers constantly pop off. I also don't know of any DSM that has need for those 45 degree bends. That isdefinitely a custom job no matter what turbo you use.

Yeah i know! when i first bought my car, i did NO research and starting buying things off ebay like a n00b (bov, fmic, intercooler piping). I spent $140 on this piping after shipping, so i refuse to throw it out LOL [i know now to research everything!!].

I know im going to have to get it beaded. What kind of shops can do this? how much would it cost?

How much would it cost to get a piping kit specific to my car if i decided to?

I think some auto exaust shops have a beading machine, you just have to call around and find one with the ability to beading machine. To get a custom kit you could also go to an exhaust shop or something with the front mount mounted and they could probably fab something up for you.

Ill def, call around. Thanks
As for the piping, ill prob do all the measurements and cutting myself, well my brothers a mechanic so he'll be doing ALOT i assume LOL. I want to know my DSM inside out, so i want to do as much work as possible on my own. I have no mechanical background except for gr.10 auto haha. so i gotta play catch up. anytime my bro does work on my car, im right there watching every single step! We're both going to attempt the FMIC install. I got some good intructions from another DSMr, so i think its def. do-able:thumb:

I searched on ebay and couldnt find the recirulation fitting. Can you give me a link as to where i can buy one? I was under the impression that all aftermarket BOV have to be vented to the atmosphere. This way i can actually install my BOV without GM MAF, MAF translator, etc. :D It should fit on the ebay knock off b/c its basically an exact replica of the Greddy one.

Yea when I got my first dsm I was just like you, but I was wanting to learn. I even at one point did my own timing belt, well finished doing it LOL that was crazy. Wound up putting it a tooth out of time, but shortly after it broke due to some bad work on my part and some of my friends. Anyway as long as you take your time and just double check your work you will have great success. That's what im doing with my current dsm.

I searched on ebay and couldnt find the recirulation fitting. Can you give me a link as to where i can buy one? I was under the impression that all aftermarket BOV have to be vented to the atmosphere. This way i can actually install my BOV without GM MAF, MAF translator, etc. :D It should fit on the ebay knock off b/c its basically an exact replica of the Greddy one.

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - GReddy Type-RS Blowoff Valve Recirculation Fitting

The 32mm is the one that will fit the stock recirculation hose. Once again, I don't know if this will fit a knockoff type RS. You definitely don't want to vent to atmosphere if you don't have the necessary mods, regardless of whether the bov is aftermarket or not.

yeah, im about to get my timing belt done by one of my bros friend (good mechanic) BUT he doesnt know DSM's and wants to void his warranty bc i want him to install a balance shaft eliminator kit (he doesnt know what it is, all he knows its performance based) so he said he'll do it for $420 but void the warranty. I got quotes from other places (MIN. is $500 for just labour, iv heard up to $730 so far LOL). I might end up going with him, i highly doubt he'll screw up the job; He owns a BMW and treats it like a new born LOL

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - GReddy Type-RS Blowoff Valve Recirculation Fitting

The 32mm is the one that will fit the stock recirculation hose. Once again, I don't know if this will fit a knockoff type RS. You definitely don't want to vent to atmosphere if you don't have the necessary mods, regardless of whether the bov is aftermarket or not.

I definitely know that, i do all my research now. There will be no more n00b mistakes from this DSM'r :cool:

Im gonna buy it and try it out anyways prob, its an exact replica, so i dont see a problem with it fitting correctly.

P.S whats the point of venting to the atmosphere anyways? is it just louder? LOL

The biggest problem with universal kits is EVERYTHING is custom. You will have to find a place to mount the Fmic, which will probably require some brackets being welded on the core, then you need to figure out how you are going to route the piping, and then make your piping cuts, accordingly. Btw I would ditch those couplers that came with that kit and pick some solid 4 ply silicone couplers up from extremepsi.com. I did a universal install a few months ago, and I can show you pics of how I did mine if you are wanting ideas. Good Luck and Have fun with it. :thumb:

ill def go with the Extreme Psi couplers. Since you already did this, can you tell me how many of each (straight, 90, 45 degree) coupler i will need? (im buying a separate pipe for my bov, so i assume ill need an extra 2 couples on top)

I am going to buy the ebay EVO III big 16g with the j pipe kit. But im going to be installing my intercooler at the same time and its 3" piping.

So my question is, i assume the J pipe will not be 3" correct? Will i need to get a couplers conversion from j pipe to intercooler piping? what can be done....

Doesnt the j-pipe make it so i wouldnt need a 90 coupler, i was under the impression i would be using a straight coupler (from jpipe to intercooler pipe)....

I also need to get a reducer one from TB to intercooler piping, can someone tell me how much the stock tb is?
(im guessing ill either need a 2"x3" or 2.5"x3") either way obv 3" on one side LOL..

If its like the Slowboy J-pipe I had on my car it curves from the turbo and points straight down. My intercooler pipe had a pipe that came straight across the back of the intercooler requiring me to have 90 to connect the J-pipe to that pipe.

Now that i think of it, i will most likely need the 90 one, i just couldn't picture it b4, but i see it now. Thanks.

I am trying to think how many couplers i will need total im gonna try to guess:
2 straight couplers for each side of FMIC
2 straight couplers for BOV pipe
1 reducer from TB to IP
1 reducer from J-pipe to IP (90 degree angle)
2 couplers for routing pipe (from FMIC section to engine bay/j-pipe) (45 degree ?)

im not sure if ill need more couplers (ie. 45 angle or 90 angle). Can you tell me how many more i should need? or if i got anything wrong...

Lol I tried piecing it together in my head def. not working LOL. If it were me I would have to do like a mock up almost of how I would want to run it and than just go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back