The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

eBay Auto Shifter - Install/Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Could have just been something on the road.. Any videos for us? even just normal street use? It doesn't have to be of hardcore highway pulls...we'll take anything!! We just want to see it in use!

Lucky for you Zilo, I'll have this wired in tomorrow. I get my head on tomorrow as well, so I'll be sure to film some rips up and down the street for you. Expect it soon. :thumb:

This is interesting.

I'm trying to wire this box into my car, and what the instructions say don't match what the box has. The instructions mention green wires, while the box harness only has a Yellow, Yellow w/Black, White, White w/Black, Orange, and Black. No green.

I have no idea what wires go where, or what wire colors are substituted for others. If anyone's got an idea, please let me know. I've emailed the seller [who, apparently, isn't on this site?] the same question, we'll see what response I get.

Okay, my issue was simple - I was looking at the original instructions, not the revised set.

Also got a quick response from the guy:

"The orange goes to a straight 12v switched source....the white wires are the same as the blue wires in your instructions and the yellow wires reffer to the green wires in the instructions. Atleast that is what my revised instructions have as far as wire colors go. The black marked wires go to the tcu with their coresponding wire color."

I'll wire this up and get some vids - it should be fun to see what my car can actually do at full boost WITHOUT boost or coolant leaks. :thumb:

Soon soon.

I have everything wired in now, but cash was tight and I sold my 16g ... looking for a beat turbo locally for cheap. Once that happens, vids will be posted. Sorry for it taking so long guys!

I don't have a way to record and drive at the same time, otherwise I'd post a vid. I need to make a tripod for my car or something.

where can i pickup one or these?

I probably shouldn't post it here, but ...

... I'm selling my box. Installed once.

I sold my car and made damn sure to keep it should I ever get another A/T DSM. But, since it looks like I'll be rocking a GVR4 soon, I won't need it. :thumb:

Make an offer.

To keep this thread on topic ... why hasn't anyone posted videos?:beatentodeath:

I haven't posted a vid yet because I didn't get my car back yet. My shop has been swamped and my dyno tune keeps getting pushed back. If all goes well I should have my car back today. Last word I got from them was it was strapped to the dyno last Friday for tuning first thing this morning.

I haven't forgotten to post the vid, just having some issues. I picked up my car yesterday and it overheated roughly a mile from the shop. Hopefully it's just the thermostat or radiator cap seeing as how I was sitting in the car just one day earlier for the last dyno pull and all was fine. Once I get that squared away I'll post a vid. So far my experience with this kit is freaking awesome. I took it out for a quick up and down the block to see what was going on with my coolant temps and I fooled around with the shifter. "Wow" is all I can say. It shifts so quick and hard it's like being rear-ended.

Proper english man, it's in the forum rules. Please abide.

And maybe he's out for now, just keep looking back. Honestly, unless you have some trans mods already, you don't want it anyway.

I concur. I wouldn't trust this product on a stock trans. Hell, I don't even trust it on a modified trans, but I'll still probably try it.:rolleyes:

I don't know why some people say they wouldn't trust this. It's basically this:
It basically does this: http://www.rmtmods.ca/manual shift.htm

which has been safely done before by many people. This mod basically just keeps the line pressure full while it's on so when you move the shift lever the shifts are instant and quick. Quick shifts are actually better for the transmission because they create less heat.

Well, it's not BASICALLY that... It IS that...

And just because some people have done it without messing anything up doesn't mean it won't. It hasn't been "tested".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back