The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

eBay Auto Shifter - Install/Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went to the track with the EBAY shifter. Worked just like it did on the street. I don't see what's the big mystery with this thing....it works. It maintains full line pressure while on and so the shifts are quick and hard. Very simple concept.

So pretty much build your own or buy it used now huh?

yeah, you said it. i have one built (i think) but i want to have it checked out against another one, just to be sure i have the wiring done correctly. if so, i hope to be able to make others.

Anyone have instructions for the ebay shift box?
I just received mine and it has no instructions.

HELP

THANKS
I would even paypal $5 for a scan of the instructions for your troubles

let me know
NE1

My friend bought it... He has the instructions. Next time I see him maybe I will get them and scan it for you.

hi thanks, i got the instructions! ok....

i need to know where his 4 wires go to on the inside of the box. CAN SOMEONE OPEN UP THE SHIFT BOX? im sure they connect to pins on the relays. but which pins? for example:

YELLOW w/ BLACK MARKER
YELLOW
BLUE w/ YELLOW MARKER
BLUE
RED = Positive + (got that)
BROWN = Neg. ground - (got that)

Ummm, I started this thread, and if you look at page one there is a full install with pictures.

I have a word document of the instructions as well.

So where can i get some instructions on a ebay shift kit for a 1g????????????

I have an ebay shifter box im finally installing, however it has different wires. Red and black are obvious, then it has 2 white and 2 green. One of each color have "primary" labeled on it. How do i go about wiring it in?

I have an ebay shifter box im finally installing, however it has different wires. Red and black are obvious, then it has 2 white and 2 green. One of each color have "primary" labeled on it. How do i go about wiring it in?

gonna have to trace the wires and see what wires do what and go from there. I've done it for a couple guys before.

Sorry for raising a dead topic, but it's the best i have found yet.
For all you who said you'd post a video, well your FUBAR, leading everyone on like that.
None of the links work, and that is a good reason why I've never been able to find accurate data for this self-serving mod.

Oh boy, dead thread revival. Thanks though, my original picture links are dead. I will go dig them up and upload them as attachments when I get a chance.

Other options now include a chipped TCU, which I am using now. I only recently removed the shift box and it was still working fine.

Another alternative is Kiggly's mod:

Kiggly Racing - kigglyracing.com

Roadsurge is in the process of building me my box, and kiggly's website doesn't show what wires to use on a 2g otherwise thats what i had planned on doing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back