The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Auto trans install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSI_93

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 19, 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
Getting ready to install my trans in a bit.

I just want to make sure that I am doing this right,

To start off, the bushing is in the crank, with a spacer between it and the flex plate.

Now I need to put the convertor in the trans and spin it till it settles down, and Mount the trans to the block, then line the 4 torque conv to flex plate bolts one at a time?

that's right. And there is another spacer to go between the flex plate and the torque converter.

Is it the same as the one that goes between the flexplate and crank?

2 auto blocks and only 1 spacer to each of them. How does this spacer go?

bushing, spacer, flexplate, spacer, flex bolts?

here is a pic of the flex plate as it was installed on the current block.

Bushing, spacer, flex plate, bolts. Does it need another spacer between the plate and the bolts?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mine did. And it is oriented the opposite as the one between the flex and crank. Meaning the concave side faces the trans.

Although yours is a 7 bolt, not sure if that makes a difference.

Eh all the topics I've found say it goes the other way, fingers face towards block. It needs to be that way to pull the torque convertor into the bushing.

So I figured out I can't use this flexplate, the 1g and 2g flexplates are different. The one that came off my old block was flat, where as this one has fingers that fold back towards the block. Now I gotta drop the damn trans out of the car.

Not trying anymore, block is in there. I have to get my front motor mount welded up but that is just a matter of waiting until the hardware store is open and getting a new wire feed tip for my welder.

Trans is out of the car, waiting on some parts from STM to get here before I button her up.

Could not find one. Allready had a 2g block for free and was gonna use it until I found the deal I got on the block I am using.

I'm not welding the bracket to the block, welding the stock 1g front motor mount bracket to an adapter i made from thick ass steel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back