The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

E316G meth setup. Nozzle size for pure meth ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8killer

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2002
harlan, Kentucky
Just wondering what nozzle to start out with when using pure meth and wanting to max out my E316G turbo setup with a SSMIC. I have a Becool base kit that is a dual nozzle kit and have m5 and m10 nozzle.

The easy answer is start out with the smaller nozzle and see if you get the desired results. No need to inject more meth than you need, and have to pull more fuel and waste more meth than necessary.

Another strategy is to look for an ideal system and copy it, and the last method is to do the math.. :|

What fuel are you using?

The easy answer is start out with the smaller nozzle and see if you get the desired results. No need to inject more meth than you need, and have to pull more fuel and waste more meth than necessary.

Another strategy is to look for an ideal system and copy it, and the last method is to do the math.. :|

What fuel are you using?

93 octane i'm using a single m10 at the moment but i haven't turned up the boost yet !

Progressive setup? what's the mixture, 50/50, 100 Meth?

If start with the smaller nozzle and turn the boost up while logging and monitoring for knock. You need to tune for the meth. If you are not meeting your desired results go to a larger nozzle and tune some more.

I'm personally on a Devils Own kit using a DO10 nozzle with washer fluid that is 31% meth by weight.

If you really want to reap the benefits install a 1gph nozzle pre turbo. The meth will cool the charge and create denser air in he turbo. You can gain a few psi and I believe faster spool as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
basic kit with single nozzle for now 100% meth !

the majority of "basic kits" out there now are a progressive set up, to conserve meth and are easier to tune (keeps the air/fuel mixture, more linear)

as with any meth set up, start with the smallest nozzle and work your way up. Once you more familiar with meth's characteristics, you'll need to know the flow rate and not the labeled name "m5" m10" given by these companies.

I alot of folks will disagree with running 100% meth, as for myself, thats all I ran. I tried it all VP racing's M1, M3, and M5. I even tried my own mixtures of meth and Nitromethane, yes it make for a fun ride, but killed the pumps after a week or 2.

also please don't forget to install a check valve right before the sprayer nozzle.

If you really want to reap the benefits install a 1gph nozzle pre turbo. The meth will cool the charge and create denser air in he turbo. You can gain a few psi and I believe faster spool as well.

I've never heard of that. Something new to try!! Thanks for the heads up.

Ideally you would want to run a solenoid for the nozzle pre turbo so you can be sure you don't have the slow leak out that is known to happen with check valves due to their closing characteristics as the solenoid is open/close.

Ideally you would want to run a solenoid for the nozzle pre turbo so you can be sure you don't have the slow leak out that is known to happen with check valves due to their closing characteristics as the solenoid is open/close.

you are correct. I've had problems in the past with lower grade plastic valves. I believe Devils Own has metal check valves, which worked pretty good.

Yup I love their kit but their check valves (any check valve) will have the dribble as the back pressure is slowly going down which slowly closes the valve.

my kit does use a solenoid ! and i may order a m1-m3 for my pre turbo.

Keep us posted on why the Becool pump stopped.

With a turbo that small it's all about the amount of psi you plan on running. The charge temps really heat up as that turbo gets closer or past it's efficiency island and having backpressure before and after the comp wheel is killing it even more (cone size, Maf, smic, TB).

I'd keep the 10gph as the post turbo and run a 2gph as the Preturbo, but pump pressure is vital here and so is the micron mist of the nozzles (preturbo especially). If you start pushing mid to upper 20psi I'd definitely consider a 12gph post nozzle, even higher if the pump pressure is sub 150psi.

Vicious Lord, though it sucks for you, you're the 1st tuner to post about a pump failure due to using Parafins and Lubes in the Meth. As you found out, M3 and M5 should NOT be used in an alky pump nor should Nitro. Pure Meth is VP M1, Sunoco and a few others that are pure without the lubes. :thumb: Meth is going to kill the pump anyways, but those elements can rapidly speed up the death clock.

I got the pump back. He said he also had a problem with getting it to prime, so he took it apart and cleaned it put it back together and its working fine. He didn't say it was dirty though ? All of my lines are new and washer tank is clean.

How does a 10gph compare to say a 315ml nozzle? I hate the differing units different brands use :banghead:

Anyway I'm spraying 50/50 with a 315ml nozzle, but on ethanol and no intercooler. I can see mildly bumped timing and 25psi at 11.0:1 with no knock. I don't know if that helps you any. I'm starting my own 16g+W/I thread when I get clear logs, but I thought I'd drop that little bit here.

Keep me posted, definitely interested. We should see similar power :)

I had a "purge" button on mine. Before any run, I would purge the lines of any air. It's a simple install. when you purge just keep an eye on your AFR, once it goes rich, you know the line is clear and ready for use.

I know this is old... But I thought I'd add my .02. You don't need to purge a system with a check valve setup. You should also have the turn on point of the system well below the point of detonation.

Although it's popular to go with the smallest nozzle size I always had the best results doing the opposite. I believe the companies tell you do go with the smallest nozzle in case of a nozzle failure. If you have a fuel injector start to fail at 30psi you'll pop the engine as well. You just need to keep up the system. Have a pressure shutoff switch, filter, and inspect it monthly.

I replaced over 30% of my WOT fuel with straight meth on my turbo 3.8. This was factory stock long block car (even the cam!). It went 10.65 at 127. 27psi and 25* timing. te-45A (66mm) turbo. Straight 91 pump and meth injection.

You don't need to purge a system with a check valve setup.

Back when meth pumps weren't reliable, I always went through a mental check list before any run. Call me old school put I like the purge feature. Not only did I use it for clearing lines but I also used it to test the pump pressure. A failing pump will lose psi after every run, causing you run slightly leaner. Not all check valves are created equal, I learned this after trying at least 3 different valves.

You should also have the turn on point of the system well below the point of detonation.

You are right. I had mine set up to turn on at 8 psi. boost would ramp up to 33 psi by 3500rpms on a hard pull.

Back when meth pumps weren't reliable, I always went through a mental check list before any run. Call me old school put I like the purge feature. Not only did I use it for clearing lines but I also used it to test the pump pressure. A failing pump will lose psi after every run, causing you run slightly leaner. Not all check valves are created equal, I learned this after trying at least 3 different valves.

You are right. I had mine set up to turn on at 8 psi. boost would ramp up to 33 psi by 3500rpms on a hard pull.

So with your testing whats the best setup? Pump/nozzle/check valve?

So with your testing whats the best setup? Pump/nozzle/check valve?

Min. 220 psi pump with seals made for Meth/ Nozzle depends on your needs/ Any good kit should include a check valve, if not, stay away from all plastic valves, there are all metal valves too (I've used these with great success, and finally there are solenoid type valves meaning they only open up when the meth is running (I'll be trying this one out soon)

If you're looking for a "Kit" I'd recommend "Devil's Own"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back