The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink DSMlink V3 Lite Automatic Trans Horsepower Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genegoesfast

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2010
Nashville, Tennessee
I have a 99 GSX automatic with DSMlink V3 Lite and I'm trying to figure out how to properly set the parameters of the Horsepower and Torque to produce reasonable accurate numbers with my automatic transmission. Here's a log. The HP/Torque seem to be quite a bit off.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having the same issue with my automatic.

on yours, do you have a stock 2g maf?

mine is hacked and it's a nightmare to get everything set correctly.

You're supposed to read it during a 100% WOT pull on a flat road while the tires are not spinning. I would say it's estimating you at around 370 horsepower, but it's hard to tell because you almost never hit WOT in that log.

my setup ranges in the 490-601hp range with 450-526lbs of torque. it feels fast, but i know thats an inaccurate # because it's not that fast.
it's funny, us TN boys with automatics.

my setup ranges in the 490-601hp range with 450-526lbs of torque. it feels fast, but i know thats an inaccurate # because it's not that fast.
it's funny, us TN boys with automatics.

It's important that you accurately enter your cars weight, tire size, and gear ratios, or it won't be accurate at all. Keep in mind those random spikes when you let off the gas, or when the tires break loose are to be ignored.

kewl link,
For the ease of thousands in the future, post up a small how to of what you did to get it accurate, along with weight and everything. :thumb:

I certainly plan to. My car is being torn down right now for the motor to be built. I didn't have an opportunity to tweak link to produce the more accurate readings before my water pump poo'ed out.

some good info:

John,

Thanks, I try my best to help when I can.

Akira,

IM going to leave the comparison of the internals of the 1G trans and 2G trans to John at IPT. I was only able to determine that the 1G and 2G trans of the same model could use the same trans. EX. 1g FWD auto to 2g FWD auto or 2g AWD auto to 1g AWD auto. Same for the 5 speed versions. From what I read you CAN'T replace a FWD auto with an AWD auto unless you change the final drive gear. In the 5 speeds it looks even more challenging because with the exception of 1st and reverse in both transmissions all the other gears are different!!! Let me just say this is from my own comparison of the gear ratios in the back of my 1991 sales brochure. I took a picture of the page for you to compare them as well.

To answer your question about tires for the GSX. The original rims were 16X6 with 205/55/16 tires. With an AWD you must have the same size all around so your driveline doesn't get stressed, in other words you'll cook the VC (viscous coupling)

Hope this helps you out

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Whats strange is after performing the link you provideds method, link came up with ,
1. 169
2. 120
4. 60
Thats not 100% inline with the above specs

But with review, In my case it is nearly spot on accurate.

Whats strange is after performing the link you provideds method, link came up with ,
1. 169
2. 120
4. 60

Without trying to bump an old thread, to clear this up:

The "gear" value used in ECMLink is not the actual gear ratio, but the calculated RPM/speed ratio. You can log this in link with the converter locked up to get the correct RPM/speed for your tire size to make the HP estimate more accurate in ECMLink.

:thumb:

can you be more specific, as i don't think mine was accurate still.

1. 169
2. 120
4. 60

Would I use the same numbers for a 1g auto GSX?

Also what would I put in for drivetrain loss, input smoothing and output smoothing?

Thanks an advance

Not sure, I'm in the same boat still.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back