The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

v3 lite + wideband?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUNWHEELDRIVE

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 27, 2008
Calgary, AB_Canada
will be purchasing ecmlink v3lite right away, just wondering if i need a wideband aswell? or if i can do it all through v3?

also my understanding is that all i need is a 95 eprom? if i have an eprom i dont need to get it socketed for anything do i?

and 2g non eprom ecus arent convertable to eprom right?

sorry for my noobness i am willing to admit it i am a newb to tuning and this is the first car i will be tuning with.
thanks in advance

Please search next time, as all of this has been answered before.

Yes, you will want to get a wideband. This tells you your air:fuel ratio (can be logged in link so you can review it in a log) and helps you tune your car. Without it, you can't really be sure if you're rich or lean.

Yes, you will need an EPROM ECU from a '95. You can check to see if you have one since you own a '95. Yes, it will need to be socketed so you can install the ECMlink chip. You can send your ECU to ECMtuning and they'll socket it for you and ship it back with your v3 setup (if you order directly through them).

At the moment, they are not able to convert a non-EPROM to an EPROM.

sorry for lack or searching. i am guilty.
thanks for the help though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back