The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

drop spring opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my cousin has tein coilover in his car and swears by them.. on another note i just got out of the army and left fort carson i was living in the springs for 5 years off academy:hellyeah:

Eibach makes a pretty good set of springs but for the cost you can't really go wrong with Megan

I run eibach pro's, about 1 inch drop in the fron 1.5" in the rear. They ride close to stock and its not dragging the pavement.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My buddy has the eibachs on his 1g TSI with the KYB AGX and overall hes been pretty pleased with them the ride isnt harsh at all.

SWIFT SWIFT SWIFT S W I F T T T T T T............. IF they make them for 1g/2g dsms forget all other brands and go buy Swift Spec-R's. I don't care what your money situation is mine sucked when I had a 1g and i hated life half the time when I was riding on the eibach sportline/kyb agx combo. They always bottomed out hard as hell and never provided the stiffness I needed.

I have a 10sec Evo and I run Swift Spec-R's to this day on the car, since i havn't spent the cash on coilovers yet. You literally can't feel 85% of the bumps in the road and its still stiff as hell around the corners. I have them on stock struts (not the bilsteins off the IX) and your KYB G2's are as close as you can get to stock so it would feel AWESOME. I'm telling you bro, don't be sorry u will thank me.

*KYB GR2's

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i went to Thedsmgraveyard.com and got my eibach lowering springs im 1.7in front and rear and my car doesn't drag and it looks good and the price was around 225 i think.

A bud of mine has Teins in his stealth, can't go wrong with them. I foolishly bought R1's and paid close to the same price.:ohdamn:

I run eibach pro's, about 1 inch drop in the fron 1.5" in the rear. They ride close to stock and its not dragging the pavement.

^ 1+. I have the same springs and is good enough for me. Not too low but enough to close your gap. :hellyeah:

I am running the Eibach pro springs. They really give my car a good look and still give a far amount of ground clearance.

I ran those cheap ebay lowering springs( not eBay coilovers with sleeves) and it gave me a big drop maybe 2" or more.
For the $50 bucks I paid for them they didn't ride bad at all.
I've now upgraded to Megan's and they've been great with a nice even drop all around.

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 72
+1 for eibach pros. nice clean looking drop, not too much.

Eibach Prokit springs are discontinued for 1g's. I have a prokit/gr2 combination on one of my cars and a tein s tech/gr2 combination on the other. The Tein setup is much softer and always on the bump stops in hard cornering or over dips and bumps. I would recommend a shock/strut combo with more dampening with the Tein springs. I plan to ditch the s tech's and go to either a Tein coilover or a BC coilover.

^ If the eibachs are discontinued your best bet would be to try and find a used pair. They're exactly what you're looking for. I love they way they look matched with my KYB AGX's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back