The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Driving with Blown Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souls25

Probationary Member
Aug 22, 2002
Temecula, California
Is it ok to drive with a blown turbo? If the car still moves even though I can't go above 3000rpm, driving it long distance will create any bad effects? I'm 300 miles away from where I'm supposed to be at. I need to get my car there to fix it. So I'm thinking if it's safe to drive it still or tow it. I appreciate all comments on this, thank you in advance.

--Justin

I have no idea, it will start to fall, and the engine tries to turn off, boost gauge goes up and down. I stopped to see what's wrong, and there were lots of white smoke. Tried to find the source of the smoke, i kinda traced it to the part where the DP connects to CAT. But the smoke is like what's seen in your pictures Mitch.

Mitch, I've seen your pictures of white smoke, awesome pics! I think I had the same symptoms as you. Can you still drive it with that problem? Or it smokes even when idling?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back