The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Door handle repair kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleakley

Proven Member
Jan 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Tried contacting sellers of a kit. I guess no one's making them anymore and no one is getting back to me.
Does anyone have a kit that they are not using? Or can they copy / scan the damn piece of metal so I can make my own? Lol.

Did you try eBay? There's a bunch on there. For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-95-99-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-DOOR-HANDLE-FRONT-RIGHT-PASSENGER-SIDE-MI1311110/322416099630?fits=Make:Mitsubishi|Model:Eclipse&hash=item4b117f412e:g:2SEAAOSw5bFZZOYx&vxp=mtr

Also, they're not metal, which is why these darn things break all the time. There just plastic. I think I've replaced 3 in 18 years of DSM ownership. They're not that bad to do, and I've typically just picked up one of the those replacements off eBay and they've been fine.

EDIT: If have the ability to make them out of metal I think I have some of my old broken ones laying around I kept in case, I'd gladly send you one so we could get a decent product made.

The repair kits are def metal man...
http://www.rcaz.com/rcaz/sub indexes/doorhandlefix/index.htm

Guy on here, @danielsl1999gsx, was making them.
It's looking like he's done and not making anymore.

I already have a new oem handle. Just wanted to reinforce it so I'm not spending money on this damn thing later on down the road.
Also, tired of forgetting about it, and then getting pissed because i gotta walk around to the passenger side just to open my driver's door.

My mistake. I thought you were talking about the actual handle itself. I didn't even know someone was making a kit to reinforce the handle - I checked out the link you posted. That's awesome - it's a shame he stopped making them. Long long time ago (like 02-03) there was a company making actual all - metal door handles that you could get as an aftermarket replacement. They were kinda expensive, for good reason, I never bought any and I wish I would have. I don't think they made them for very long if I remember right.

It looks pretty damn easy to make your own. Cut the slit down the center from the install, put a piece of paper in-between and trace the outline. Transfer to sheet metal and you have your part.

Correct, $40 per handle.

It's funny someone posted that link. I was literally just thinking of pursuing that. Aluminum door handles, for us would be pretty easy to pull off.

Or even stamped sheet metal welded up, something.

Last edited:
Have you put a bolt in the elongated hole in the rod for the handle yet? Especially if its a new handle. Once I put a bolt in there I never broke another handle. A lot of people blame the handle for breaking when it's that rod causing too much travel in the handle. Simple fix, there's a few tutorials out there if you didn't do it yet.

Have you put a bolt in the elongated hole in the rod for the handle yet? Especially if its a new handle. Once I put a bolt in there I never broke another handle. A lot of people blame the handle for breaking when it's that rod causing too much travel in the handle. Simple fix, there's a few tutorials out there if you didn't do it yet.

It's funny you mention that. The previous owner of my car did that to "fix" the passenger side door and that's what broke the handle. The bolt took out so much slack that the door mechanism ran out of travel long before the handle did, so using the handle to open the door broke it. Then the rod got stuck down and prevented me from being able to open the door from the inside, so I had to cut a hole in my door back in January just to get it open so that I could fix it. Of course the nut was super glued to the bolt so I had to take a cutoff wheel to it to get it off. It has been fine ever since I removed the bolt and put my door back together.

In other news, I would totally be down for some metal door handles. I don't really mind replacing the handles but it's really inconvenient to not be able to open a door and I'm tired of paying someone to pain the replacements. I think I had other people break four handles on my previous three DSMs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back