The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Does the carbonetics AB hood clear a turbo 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez@2gnt

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2002
long beach, California
Hey guys, have any of you installed this hood on a 420a/turbo'd 420a? On the 4g63 a section of the hood needs to be cut for the timing belt cover. Is there anything on the hood that needs to be cut to clear the 420a? TIA!

It can fit the 420a cars with no issues. The 420a engine sits lower than the 4g63 timing cover (the only reason to cut the hood). This is also the only reason DSMs have the hood bulge.

Just be aware of according to a Sergio now as of 2 weeks ago's message to me.

There is a fitment issue with his hood. That will require a professional shop to make it fit right. And that it won't matter if he sends me a new hood as they all come from the same mold so there won't be any reason for him to send me a new hood.
It's not long enough in the front and the sides do not follow the fender curves at the corrextra height

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 2017-09-03 15.57.39.jpg
    2017-09-03 15.57.39.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 79
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back