The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Do you think this will work? (catch can)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipperXX

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2003
Royston, Georgia
I made this a while back, haven't tried installing it yet. So it has 3 chambers, and the top two are filled with stainless steel wool, then with a divider down the middle to separate the inlet and outlets, with a chamber at the bottom for the oil/waste to collect.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mostly I need to figure out how I'm going to mount it...and where. The drain is just a 1/4x20 bolt with an O ring to make sure it's air tight.

P.S. I made this out of scrap.

I found a nice spot for my catch can underneath the intake. It is very low in the engine bay, and you will not see it without trying to see it :thumb:. I believe I just bolted it to the frame rail as low as possible. It has been working out great there.

It has the added benefit of being below both the intake and the valve cover. So anything pulled out of the valve cover will go to the can. Hopefully gravity will keep it there since it is below the intake that is trying to pull it back into the turbo. If you have it above either one it may not function 100% as intended in my opinion. Please correct me if I am wrong, smart people.

I agree with @silvreclips It looks like it will work fine.:hellyeah:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back