The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G disabling ABS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirslex

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2010
Astoria, Oregon
ok, so my brakes seem to work ok (minus ABS) and the light is stuck on.
I don't have access to anyone who can check the abs computer/ codes in the near future.

So... here's my question

If I just remove the fuse for the ABS, what all will that do?

I just don't want to worry about any weird computer controlled braking until I can get it fixed properly....

thanks

ok, so my brakes seem to work ok (minus ABS) and the light is stuck on.
I don't have access to anyone who can check the abs computer/ codes in the near future.

So... here's my question

If I just remove the fuse for the ABS, what all will that do?

I just don't want to worry about any weird computer controlled braking until I can get it fixed properly....

thanks
If you remove the the abs fuse it will completey disable the anti-lock function. it is a very common practice to do so because our stock abs components are a bit heavier than those without the abs hardware. my 2g gst came without this function and IMO, it is easier to deal with understeer when braking, it will also give you a split second amount of control if you are heading for collision as the\ computer will have absolutely no control over wheel spin heavy braking is applied. some may disagree with me but i have have had no problems or safety issues.
i would recommend you visit the link below, click on misc., scroll down and click dsm part weights and you will see exactly how much weight you will cut.
dealing with engine computers and relying on them is a real pain especially if you do not own a scanner or are not loaded enough to have the ability to throw money in the trash and take it to a dealer. with that said, avoide it at all costs!
good luck, sorry about the long quote but more info is better than less.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back