1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Differences between 90 and 91 cars

Posted by Mitsu-MattGSX, Nov 4, 2017

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. Mitsu-MattGSX

Mitsu-MattGSX Probationary Member

Joined Oct 30, 2017
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the exact differences between 90 and 91 cars. My friend keeps telling me to get a 91 because they're apparently better than 90 cars. Another friend of mine says he doesn't touch 90 cars because of "all the little differences" I drive a 90 GSX for clarity

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Transmission, oil cooler setup, 3 bolt vs 4 bolt axles, spline counts on certain shafts, wire harness on the cas vs a plug on the newer 4g63, completely different throttle body and isc and tps sensor, different ecu pinout. Thats about it, neither are "better" just different.

Drag Race Build 2K  16

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn Hills, Michigan

Autocross Build 18K  47

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST