The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Difference between 2ga and 2gb AWD rear Knuckles/Spindles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightRider97

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2006
SW, Nebraska
Does anyone have a photo reference of the difference between the 2ga and 2gb rear knuckles or spindles, however you like to call them. I have been told that the AWD rear suspension I just pulled from my 95 gsx parts car already has the 97-99 spindles. I would like to know how to tell the difference.
Thanks!

As far as i am aware. The rear knuckles are exactly the same. Eclipse through galant

97-99 are supposed to have a few mm more clearance inboard which can help with wider tires at the same offset. Haven't seen it myself nor could I tell anyone how to tell the difference without a direct comparison.

I know this is a really old post, but today i went to a salvage yard specializing in DSM's looking for the 2Gb Rear Knuckles. Had a problem where they stripped all the GSX's rear subframes off the bat, so all of their rear knuckles where unlabeled by year. I searched for something to tell me the difference between the 2Ga and the 2Gb rear knuckles, but found nothing. After staring at them for a while and taking measurements, I did manage to find one inside a Dec 96' (effectively 1997) and when i sat it beside the rest I saw this.

I believe this is the 2Ga
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And this should be the 2Gb
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You will notice the slightest bend in the upper section of the knuckle. VERY hard to catch unless you have the two side by side. Look for the slight outward bend on the inner edge (with the lugs down - putting the inner side facing up). The 2Ga is pretty much straight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back