The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Difference in stock 2ga and 2gb bov?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95DSMGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2011
morristown, New_Jersey
Hi guys,

Just a simple question here. I have a stock 1996 GSX Eclipse and I noticed that vacuum nipple attached to the bypass valve is loose and different from the fitting of my stock 2gb gst. Sometimes the vacuum nipple detaches because of this loose fitting causing a leak. My question is should the plastic bit in the picture be in the bypass valve? or covered more by the rubber hose? Much appreciated guys!

2Ga Bypass valve
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2Gb Bypass valve
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The BOV in the top pic has been modified. It looks like the vacuum nipple broke off and someone shoved a plastic fitting in its place. Both those BOV's are stockers and there's no difference between a 2ga and a 2gb.

Thank you both for answering. Yikes! I had a feeling someone has been tampering with the bov and did not fix it properly in the past. Both cars have less than 52,000 miles on them and I am restoring them to showroom factory condition. Guess I will order a 2g bov for storage and some 1G BOVs as their only mod.

The Evo 9 MR bov and Tomei Evo 9 BOV are two really very good BOVs that hold 27+ psi with ease, and bolt up 100% like stock. You could even paint them black and no one but the savviest of DSMers/Evo guys would know it.

Don't pay for a new 2g bro they are crap!! I have a bunch you can have one for free bro just pay shipping. If you buy anything and want to stay stock appearing do as crackedDSM said! Or just switch to 1g cheap and well worth it.

The Evo 9 MR bov and Tomei Evo 9 BOV are two really very good BOVs that hold 27+ psi with ease, and bolt up 100% like stock. You could even paint them black and no one but the savviest of DSMers/Evo guys would know it.

Thank you for that suggestion, did not even think of that. After doing some research it seems the EVO 9 BOV is a great choice. Guess I can slap on an evo 9 bov onto the manual 99 GST and give the stock GST BOV to the 2ga GSX. Win Win.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back