The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Didnt prime lifters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjjones

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Austin, Texas
Well I didn't prime or bleed some 3g lifters I got before installing them. I was told they were already done and just ready to be dropped in.

Installed some 272 cams also, with 950 injectors a walbro 255, bastard 20g, timing belt and a new water pump.

I did turn the car over by hand about 20 times before starting it initially. Didn't realize that not priming or bleeding the injectors could cause the car to bend a valve? I someone could explain that to me also I'd appreciate it.

My question is though, since I turned the car over by hand, wouldn't that assure that I couldn't/wouldn't bend a valve?

Car idles real rough and bogs down, isn't currently driveable. I'm thinking its just because its not tuned at all yet though. That's why im hoping at least!

Did you drop the cams in with the dowel pins at the 12 O' clock position? If you did not, then there is a slim chance that the you had valve to valve contact.

More likely is since you did not bleed down the 3g HLAs is a few valves cracked off the seat,

Yes I did drop them in with the dowel facing up. I made sure when cracking it over by hand thst there was no abnormal binding either.

I think I just need to tune it. The guage is reading 9 afrs at idle and it bogs down and acts like its misfiring if I try to give it gas past 3k

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back