The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Diagnosing a no-start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's the logs of it trying to idle

I put my $ on the tune. :shhh:
Very glad to hear that it IS running now so the car can be diagnosed better and its tune refined. You're not an idiot. These cars are a learning curve.
Thanks man! I agree on the tune also

Attachments

• log.2021.02.23-02.elg
    104.2 KB · Views: 26
  • log.2021.02.23-04.elg
    29.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
You have idle surge and it's idling rich from what your O2 is doing. Do you have a WB? If so, wire it up to the ecu.
Log
ISC position
LTFT
CombinedFt
WBFactor
IAT if you have one
Battery
ECUBoost

Fix the surge, throttle% should be 0 and get your tps to .63V. No point in trying to tune it without fixing these first.

Is this a Speed Density car?
Your log shows the car is pig rich and pulling 16% of fuel to try and lean her out. I would change my Global Fuel tab to more of a negative number to try and reduce the richness.
I ask about SD because I see you have "disable airflow smoothing w/SD operation" checked.
Did you have the voltage offsets from a data sheet for the injectors?
On FIC 2150s my offsets are as follows
7v - 2145
9v - 1350
12v - 860
14v - 680
16v - 590
19v - 428
This is with -75.8 Global fuel and -70 Deadtime on my own car.
I am looking it over some more as I have time here at work :shhh:

You have idle surge and it's idling rich from what your O2 is doing. Do you have a WB? If so, wire it up to the ecu.
Log
ISC position
LTFT
CombinedFt
WBFactor
IAT if you have one
Battery
ECUBoost

Fix the surge, throttle% should be 0 and get your tps to .63V. No point in trying to tune it without fixing these first.

Will do thanks so much. Yes I have an AEM wideband, ill wire direct this weekend. Throttle is staying at 1% and I double checked the cable when I saw that and it's not tight so there must be some adjustment I need to play with. It's an s90

Is this a Speed Density car?
Your log shows the car is pig rich and pulling 16% of fuel to try and lean her out. I would change my Global Fuel tab to more of a negative number to try and reduce the richness.
I ask about SD because I see you have "disable airflow smoothing w/SD operation" checked.
Did you have the voltage offsets from a data sheet for the injectors?
On FIC 2150s my offsets are as follows
7v - 2145
9v - 1350
12v - 860
14v - 680
16v - 590
19v - 428
This is with -75.8 Global fuel and -70 Deadtime on my own car.
I am looking it over some more as I have time here at work :shhh:

Yes it is on SD. I just read and researched others setups with 2150s on e85 and used similar numbers to start. Are you using those numbers on pump? My global and deadtime on that log was around 70% and 250.

I have come to the conclusion that I have a serious amount of reading to do LOL

Yes @TSiturbo001 , my setup is for E85 (and gas, as it is set up for both) also and mine will fire up even when its super cold outside and I don't even have the FIAV hooked up.
Here is one sample log so you can compare. Load it into Link and you can view it, use it, use part of it or throw it away. It doesn't bother me to share info.
Marty

Attachments

• log.2020.08.14-08 pull with Matt.elg
    401.3 KB · Views: 13
Yes @TSiturbo001 , my setup is for E85 (and gas, as it is set up for both) also and mine will fire up even when its super cold outside and I don't even have the FIAV hooked up.
Here is one sample log so you can compare. Load it into Link and you can view it, use it, use part of it or throw it away. It doesn't bother me to share info.
Marty

I will definitely load it and take a look, thanks Marty. The same offsets are good for pump and e85, or you have to adjust? I am under the impression that global is more or less the number you have to adjust because of the 30% increase in e85 needed over gas. My name is Dave btw. Thanks again

They are the same Dave. The flex fuel sensor on my car will throw the tune to the min oct maps if the Ethanol content is below 50%. That is how it is set up and will run on any fuel. Right now it has 91 pump in it for the winter. Keep us updated on how things are going and we can all try to help out!

They are the same Dave. The flex fuel sensor on my car will throw the tune to the min oct maps if the Ethanol content is below 50%. That is how it is set up and will run on any fuel. Right now it has 91 pump in it for the winter. Keep us updated on how things are going and we can all try to help out!

Awesome. Thats what im working towards eventually.

So just to be clear when you say they are the same are you referring to offsets only or both offsets and global? Just trying to wrap my head around it. Ty!

Set it and forget it. Offsets and Global AND deadtime. Pay attention to positive or negative numbers :cool: :shhh:
I mean unless "gremlins" creep up but they shouldn't.
If you were to emulate my min and max maps in fuel and timing, it "should" interpolate similarly if you also follow my SD map. It should get it started and running and ready to "fine tune".
Just want to see your girl fire up!

Set it and forget it. Offsets and Global AND deadtime. Pay attention to positive or negative numbers :cool: :shhh:
I mean unless "gremlins" creep up but they shouldn't.
If you were to emulate my min and max maps in fuel and timing, it "should" interpolate similarly if you also follow my SD map. It should get it started and running and ready to "fine tune".
Just want to see your girl fire up!

Guess my limited understanding of the fuel settings was wrong. I didnt think you could switch from 91 to e85 without having to adjust those settings.

I loaded you map and copied all the offsets and global/deadtime settings. Ran much better thank you!

I know theres other stuff I need to log and gotta hookup wideband but figured id post these for now. Lot of weird stuff going on. It was idling a lot lower when it first started and was cool I guess but as it warmed up the rpms got higher and higher. Target rpm target in link is 750.

Attachments

• log.2021.02.25-03.elg
    391.5 KB · Views: 18
  • log.2021.02.25-05.elg
    57.9 KB · Views: 14
As long as you have a flex fuel sensor, link can interpolate between the min and max oct tables so you can fill with either and not touch a thing. You’d want to first tune on 91, then move those settings to the min tables. Then tune e and leave those settings in the max tables. I forget which tab but you can find the flex fuel settings and make adjustments so it know when to use either map by the ethanol percentage.

I see @1990TSIAWDTALON mentioned this already :thumb:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back