The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Cylinder 3 Injector and Misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathansgsx

Proven Member
Jun 7, 2017
Meridian, Idaho
I posted this in the newbie when i meant to post here.
Okay dsmers, so back when I got in an accident I had to replace the entire front end including the 16g sitting right behind the radiator. After that its been non-stop problems. New FP manifold and Extreme PSI Heatshield, manifold gasket, new ngk spark plugsto spec, new wires, coil packs, radiator, coolanttemperature sensor, everything that we could do oemwe did and the car drives like a dream. My only issue besides a massive intercooler is whenever I do a cold start the car warms up and idles fine. But if I drive it somewhere turn it off do my thing for awhile and come back, while the engine is still warm I will start it and it will misfire like no other. Sounds like a subaru if you try to drive it. If i let it sit for 5 or so minutes the misfire completely disappears and its fine. Immediatly a code for Cylinder 3 misfire pops up and occasionally the cylinder 3 injector circuit A code along with it. After it stops misfiring the code wont pop up again until the next time i start it after its been sitting warm. Is there any chance my injector is going bad ?? Its always specifically Cylinder 3 and its Injector

I would swap the injector with cylinder 2 and see if the code follows. Just be careful not to over tighten the fuel rail bolts as they are only threaded into aluminum. And a light coating of grease on the injector o rings is a good idea also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back