The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cv Axle click.....rear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMULATOR

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2006
B Ville, Rhode_Island
Ok so during take off (and not a hard take off, nice and easy normal driving) I'm occasionally getting a clicking sound in the rear. Sounds exactly like a front cv axle noise. It seems to happen more when i take off while turning left but it could be my imagination. I inspected the boots and none are torn or split with grease coming out. I have new U joints and carrier bearings are tight, no thumping...just clicking. Could it be the LSD? or is it really the joints even though they don't flex like a front because the wheel doesn't turn..

Did you check the rear bushings above the pumpkin, the stealer wants to sell ya the hole rear cross member but you can get solid bushing. Have to do some research on them, something to check though.

I've got a complete prothane kit from RRE that I'm going to be installing due to some worn bushings, but I doubt that kit comes with those. I'll check those bushings while i'm in there, but it doesn't sound like that. I dont really feel the clicking or thud in the subframe, I just hear it. Any thoughts on that Lobro?? or whatever joint that is in the driveshaft?

Rear joints don't have to move in quite the same fashion as fronts, being that they don't have to turn left and right. I'm pushing way more HP than stock but I've heard people running these axles at a lot higher ranges than I am. Don't want to get them rebuilt for nothing tho...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back