1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Cut wires please help me:,(

Posted by mitsubro93, Oct 8, 2018

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. mitsubro93

mitsubro93 Proven Member

Joined Apr 24, 2018
    Bolingbrook, Illinois
    Also like my boost gauge goes past halfway when cranking ugh i hope i didnt ruin it:(

2. mitsubro93

mitsubro93 Proven Member

Joined Apr 24, 2018
    Bolingbrook, Illinois
    This time when i tried to start it the car backfired reall loudly and thats all why is this happening all of a sudden?

3. Jerzm3

Jerzm3 Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 18, 2015
    mount holly, New Jersey
    Firing order is off if u are getting a backfire. Put it to 2-3-4-1 if u are using the black box ecu.

4. mitsubro93

mitsubro93 Proven Member

Joined Apr 24, 2018
    Bolingbrook, Illinois
    I thought it was 4123 in reverse?

5. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    It doesnt matter. The coils are in pairs. 2341 is the same as 3214.

Street Build 2K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. mitsubro93

mitsubro93 Proven Member

Joined Apr 24, 2018
    Bolingbrook, Illinois
    Maybe my ignition coil is bad? The engine seemed flooded from all that cranking spark plugs were wet. I have to change my oil out now probably because it has a lot of gas in it. Maybe now my spark plugs need to be replaced and wires who knows when they were last done.

7. Jerzm3

Jerzm3 Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 18, 2015
    mount holly, New Jersey
    4-1-2-3 is stock firing order. 4-1 is on one coil, 2-3 is on the other coil. I switch all my 6 bolt swaps by swapping 4-1 with 2-3, which result is 2-3-4-1 firing order. I have been doing it that way for almost 20 years now, has worked every single time.

8. fredom dsm

fredom dsm Proven Member

Joined Jan 31, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    Ok so, I kinda had the same problem you are talking about on post 81. Same starting issues, at times it would start and sound like a subie, sometimes it wouldnt start and would flood my plugs with gas, so I broke my head messing with firing order. Is it this is it that, is it backwords blah blah blah, used google, tryed every posible firing order on the pics and nothing. I got fed up and left alone, came back a few days later and cleaned up my plugs and did the 4123 firing order the way it was supposed to be and started right up!! Yay!! Took it out for a spin and with in 15 to 20 min it died on my way back to the house. Long story short; I replaced both of my coils and my power transistor and fixed my problem. Now my car isnt hacked, its a 97 with the original sensors and ecu this might not work for you but it did for me. Good luck man, Hope that helps.
    And just for future reference, everyone one here is just trying to help, no one is out to get you!:D No need to answer the last sentence :pray:ROFL

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

461  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  9. streetraceboi

streetraceboi Proven Member

Joined Sep 4, 2002
    San Antonio, Texas
    I feel like im reading a Facebook post

10. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    you trippin

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  11. ohlegend

ohlegend Proven Member

Joined Apr 2, 2012
    Pemberville, Ohio
    I just had the loud backfire/no start. I replace my PTU and it solved everything.

Street Build 5K  14  6

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
    ohlegend

726  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    automatic · 2G DSM