The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Stop light fuse and cut wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

import47

Probationary Member
Oct 6, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Stop light 15 amp fuse keeps poppING. And im am clueless to electrical engineering but I have two cut wires in the audio line dont know what they connect to or attach yet one is black and the other is green
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

An open circuit will, typically, not cause a fuse to pop. What may be the issue is that something is chafed elsewhere and touching another circuit which will cause the fuse to go. If memory serves, San Antonio is not too humid, however, if where you got the car was fairly humid you may want to check the fuse boxes and make sure that you do not have corrosion in/on/around the area as it may be causing issues as well.

As I thought, I checked the wiring FSM and noticed that these two wires do not affect your brake light, however, it may take me a bit to locate these and isolate them. With that said, we can "assume" that black is ground of some sort, but the green could be anything. Does the stereo work at all or have any issues? Is your climate control lighting working okay? Check to make sure all the components in that area (turn signal flasher, MPI relay, radio, lighting) are all working correctly - my suspension is that maybe your radio has an issue (if anything). But again, this may be a guess without doing some research.

Finally got the fuse to stop popping it was the door jam switch that was disconnected dont know why but the fuse didn't pop and the courtesy light and key reminder came on to
But the 2 wires on the audio loom still no clue

Looking at the FSM the two wires might be your cigarette lighter. Black is definitely a ground, the green and white will be the illumination - this is my guess. A way to check this is to check the voltage when the lights are turned on and connect to the ground, if you connect the two there should be a voltage between the two when the lights are turned on (parking or full).

i checked the FSM earlier and couldn't find a wire that was only green on any of the plugs there. I have a 95 harness that i can pull out to see what they go to. i'll try and get to it here in a little while.

here ya go, it goes to the ABS resistor (820 ohm, 1 watt, part # MB606742)
there was no ABS on the car the harness came out of but it has the resistor anyways.

*******edit******
i just noticed that the FSM says
B-14 resistor <with ABS or auto-cruise control system>

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back